Epilogue

Ella walked down a dirt path with her arm linked with James'. The smile plastered on her face had become a common sight for those around her. She listened in serenity to the crunching of the fall leaves under her feet.

It had been a few months since they took leave of Knighton Park following her sister's indecency. Ella and James had enjoyed the rest of summer finally embracing their true marriage. Although he often joked about going through another wedding to prove it was now real. Mrs. Hunter sent word shortly after their departure that Annabelle had made it to her new home safely. As to whether or not she stayed was anyone's guess. Regardless they all decided she pushed to far and that all ties were to be cut.

Now that fall was coming to an end, everyone in her life was beginning a new phase of their lives. Ella and James were preparing to head to London for the season with high hopes this year would be significantly better than last. Helen Hawthorne on the other hand had decided this wither she would try her hand in Bath simply for a needed change of pace and acquaintances.

As for Becca and Charles, their new beginning was starting today. After returning to Hamsfield, Ella had insisted Becca join her for health reasons, which she reluctantly agree to. While it took longer than expected, they eventually became engaged. A day had not gone by without Ella and Jane reminding Becca they were right all along.

"What is on your mind?" James asked.

"I just find it amusing how everything has worked out."

"And to think it all started with an arranged marriage."

"It seems like an oddly perfect story."

He leaned over and kissed her temple. "Its is not over yet." 

James smiled down at her while placing a hand over her stomach while she covered his with her own. They linked hands and preceded into the church to watch their closest friends union. All the while she mused to herself at the unexpected nature of love and her journey to discover it.

 THE END