~ shift ~

"Oh my god."

"What" I was worried and nervously played with my freshly dyed hair.

"Wait... it looks so cool."

"Dont start off just by saying 'oh my god'!" I frustratingly looked Kiyoko in the eyes as she and Yachi held back a giggle.

The blue was deeper around the root of my hair, where it had grown out. A few strands were more purple toned, but it looked partially intentional. The managers were all waiting for the rest of the boys to arrive for after school practice.

"NOYA! I told you she would dye it blue!" Tanaka yells outside of the gym as he's one of the first to arrive.

"REALLY?? DAMN!" Noya dramatically takes off his windbreaker and looks directly at me.

"Tanaka, it's literally purple."

"It's literally blue though."

"Can you not see the purple in it?" he walks up to me and grabs a strand. "See? Purple!"

I put my hand over his with a smile and pinch the back of it as hard as I could.

"Personal space, Noya." I exhale as he flinched away with a wince.

"What do you think it is then?"

"I used blue dye but the pink from before made it less greenish. I have no idea, I just call it blueish purple." Great, now they got me contemplating what colour my hair was.

"Hold on a sec." Noya rushes out of the gym door and comes back, dragging in a panicky Asahi.

"What do you think?" He points to me, and with no context, it sounds like he was asking what he thought of me in general.

"Oh, um," he struggles to get a sentence out. "you look really nice today y/n." I looked at him with a fake offended look.

"Wait! I mean you look gorgeous everyday, but the periwinkle hair looks really nice with your skin and-"

My eyes widen at him calling me 'gorgeous'. "Noya was just asking about the hair. Uh, nice to know you think I'm gorgeous." I tease.

"Ugh, he called it periwinkle. That's literally right in between blue and purple. Asahi, you're no help."

"Ah, sorry." he winced at Tanaka waving his arms around in disappointment.

"Whys he flailing around like that?" Daichi questions, the slightest bit amused.

"Asahi was supposed to be the tiebreaker for what my hair colour 'really' is, but he called it periwinkle instead of just blue or purple."

"Yes, then he called you gorgeous and melted when you smiled back at him- OW"

I pinched his arm. "Time for practice,don't you think?"

- - - - - - - -

"Can you show up after practice for brief training?" Ukai came up to me as I was diligently note taking.

"Yeah of course." I nod at him as I finalized some of the notes I took for this practice.

"Won't be too long. You just have to know how to push the register in properly so it doesn't get stuck."