Chapter 5: A New Opportunity

The trip to the rooftop wasn't necessarily a long one.

Not that I was counting the seconds in my head or anything. I just mean that, relative to All Might's speed, we should have been there in a few minutes, tops.

So why was it so agonizing?

Here I am, sitting on the back of the number one hero, All Might, as we fly through Musutafa. And yet- it's taking forever.

Finally, I see the rooftop I was on. I pointed it out to All Might, and he slowed down to land on the roof.

I climbed off of him and ran over to where the crate was. Picking it up, I inspected it to make sure it wasn't tampered with, before wedging it between my arms.

"IS THAT IT, YOUNG MAN?" All Might asked. I nodded, but paused to tighten my grip on the crate.

"THIS ISN'T MY BUSINESS, BUT IT SEEMS TO ME LIKE THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF THE BOX HAS PASSED ON. IF I MAY, HOW LONG AGO WAS IT?" He asked. I tensed. I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell him.

"A few hours ago..." I continued to cradle the box in my arms as I looked away.

I heard coughing behind me, and turned to find a lot of smoke covering where All Might was.

"All Might?" I asked.

The smoke cleared, and in the same spot as All Might was, stood a frail, skinny man. He started coughing immediately, and blood coated the hand he used to cover the cough.

"So that's what All for One did to you..." I said under my breath.

"You know about the fight?" A deep, weary voice asked.

"Yeah." I chuckled, "Shigi won't stop obsessing over the fight. If he saw you in that state..." I trailed off.

"Is this 'Shigi' person you speak of, by any chance, Tomura Shigaraki?" He asked. I nodded, and he sighed.

All right, then. About your friend, I'm sorry you lost him so soon ago. This was moments before you saved Young Hado, right?" He asked solemnly. I nodded again.

"I came up here to let off some steam, so I don't accidentally blow up our hideout..." I let out a chuckle, "And that's when I saw her. A beautiful girl with a heart of gold, about to end her life because she had also lost someone close to her. I... I couldn't let that happen..."

"You saved her, Young Man. Not because you wanted something for her, like gratitude or compensation, but because it was a life you were able to save." I looked back at him, his weary eyes looking into mine.

"Whether you're a hero, or a villain, it's an admirable act. So, thank you."

My eyes widened. He... thanked me? A villain. The aggressor in a fight against the school's faculty. The person who stole from them. Thanking me?

"I-Uh, well..." I couldn't speak. Dang it, why couldn't I speak?

"It's fine, Young man. NOW!"

Suddenly, All Might's signature formed again, stretching the clothes of his other form to their limit.

"COME ALONG WITH ME. LET'S GET YOU BACK TO U.A!" He turned around and crouched down, waiting for me to get on. I did so, with a surprising lack of reluctance, and in a flash, we were in the air.

--TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY ME POSTING THREE CHAPTERS AT ONCE BECAUSE I WAS TOO IMPATIENT TO SPACE OUT UPLOADS!--

We arrived at the entrance gate to U.A, and I dismounted All Might.

"ALL RIGHT, YOUNG MAN. I'LL TAKE YOU TO HEIGHTS ALLIANCE, WHERE WE CAN GET YOU SETTLED IN." He told me, and I nodded. I haven't been in an actual 'good-looking' room for me to stay in for years, so it'll be a welcome change.

"Are you able to keep your transformation for that long?" I asked.

"WELL, I'LL JUST DROP YOU OFF AT YOUR DORM, AND BE ON MY WAY. I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE TO SEE ME IN THAT OTHER FORM." He replied. I nodded, stretched my legs, and then hopped back on top of him.

After a short flight, we landed--fairly loudly-- outside a large building. It had multiple floors, and looked kind of like an apartment building, but for millionaires.

"HERE YOU ARE, YOUNG MAN. LET'S GET YOU SETTLED." He said as he started walking forward. I followed behind him, in case any of the resident students are still up.

Thankfully, the entire trip went successfully, without any encounters from my new classmates. I was honestly surprised they would let me in here, even though I'm, you know, a murderer and stuff.

"OKAY, HERE'S WHERE YOU'll BE STAYING. UNFORTUNATELY, THERE ARE A FEW... PRECAUTIONS... WE WILL TAKE TO ENSURE THE OTHER STUDENTS ARE SAFE. IF YOU BEHAVE, YOU WILL START WITH THEM NEXT WEEK. UNTIL THEN, I ADVISE YOU DON'T LEAVE THIS ROOM. EVERYTHING WILL BE PROVIDED, SO DON'T WORRY."

Oh, that was the catch. I had to be in lockdown for a week...

That's... not so bad...

"Thank you, All Might. I'll see you around." I said, and he gave another heroic smile, before dashing away.

Bracing myself, I opened my door.

This is...

Surprisingly normal...

A single queen bed sat against the furthest wall, with a few blankets and sheets already folded on. Adjacent to that was a small desk, with paper, pencils, and a laptop. Next to the entrance is a door leading to what I assume to be a bathroom, with a closet on the wall next to that.

The first thing I do is sit on the bed. I lift up my watch and scroll until I find my contact for Kurogiri. I press it, and wat a few seconds.

"Where the hell are you, kid?" He asks.

"Are you alone?" I ask instead.

"Yeah, I'm in my room. Now answer my question."

"Be quiet, and don't tell this to anyone. I've infiltrated U.A, acting as a student attending their villain rehabilitation program. I'm going to get close, pretend to turn my life around, all while trying to find a way for you guys to break in. Don't call me back. Don't tell anyone. Do you understand?" I asked. He was silent for a minute.

"Kid... this is crazy. Are you sure?"

"I have to be, if I want this to work. Tell the other's they'll have to push the attack on Best Jeanist and his agency back, or to do it without me. Either way, don't tell them where I am. I don't want Shigaraki to get impulsive."

"Okay, then. I trust you, kid. Just... make it back safely, okay?" He asked.

"I will. Thank you for everything, Kuro." I said, and ended the call.

I sighed, laying down on my bed. Well, now that that's over with, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they want me to do in a week.

As I drifted from consciousness, I thought of the girl I saved. Nejire Hado.

Man, so much has happened...

In a single day, I witnessed the death of my close friend, gained access to a boat-load of quirks, saved a girl from commiting suicide, held a girls hand, infiltrated the highest-security academy in the country, defeated five pro heroes in a small room, and got accepted in the same school via a villain rehabilitation program.

Why is my life so complicated?

~~~

A/N

Hello, again!

Whew, finished yet another chapter! This one was a little bit shorter than the previous ones, but that's because it was the end of the day in the story, and I didn't want to drag the plot on for more time than it needed to.

If you enjoyed the chapter, please vote, as it helps keep me motivated to continue writing!

See you next time! Bye!