Part 7

Chapter 7:

After Rose and I parted ways I walked towards the main office. As soon as I walked through the doors I barged into Kirova's office; as if I had every right to do so, I strode up to her desk and looked down at her. She looked up at me unsurprised. I guess she was used to people charging into her office without an appointment.

"Yes?" She asked with utter annoyance hinted in her voice.

Seeing her reminded me of my place in this school and the titles I was ordered to use. I cleared my throat, "Rosemarie and I will be having more training sessions."

She huffed as she leaned back against her chair, its springs groaned protests in the silence as she folded her long skinny hands in her lap. "How did you manage that?"

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well considering Rosemarie's stubborn nature and aggressiveness I wouldn't expect her to agree; even after you forced her."

Her grey eyes were hard now, as her mouth set into a grim straight line. Her eyes narrowed even more when I stood up straighter and tried my best not to glare at her.

"I didn't force her to do anything. She's eager to learn." I folded my hands behind my back trying to hide how nervous she was making me. I could get fired for confronting a Headmistress this way.

"When was that? After you held her down and made her do what you want?" She wore a very smug look, one that I wanted to wipe right off.

Shocked I looked at her, trying to contain my stern expression. "No she volunteered more hours."

Silence filled the room as we stared at each other. I shifted uncomfortably on my feet, why did she always have to draw things out this way? It wasn't like this was a bad thing, Rose wanted to learn how to fight and I was willing, she should be able to accept that.

Finally Kirova broke the silence. "I don't believe you."

Annoyed I almost shouted. "Well seems like you don't know Hathaway very well. After I mentioned L-Vasilisa and questioned her abilities to protect the princess she immediately jumped in and volunteered to work more hours."

Something in my voice must have told her I wasn't lying; because by the look she gave me I could tell that she was starting to believe me. Her face fell and looked almost relaxed; the wrinkles that were set deep into her mouth seemed to smooth out as she studied me. This only made me more nervous.

 Finally she sighed. "Very well then, thank you Belikov. You may leave now."

I gave her a nod and with a quick stride left the office as fast as I could. Don't get me wrong, Kirova was a nice person sometimes but she scared the hell out of me. More than Alberta did, and that's saying a lot.

For the remainder of the day I worked through different drills with the other guardians who happened to be practicing in the gym. When the bell rang, indicating that school was now over, I sat down on the floor facing the gym's main doorway, waiting for Rose to walk through them.

When she finally arrived to the gym I sat up straight, never looking away from those dark eyes as she strode up to me. They were filled with joy and something else as her eyes met mine, making my heart scream in my chest.

Ignoring that weird feeling I stood up, and grabbed her arm. I made her stand in a certain way for our training, and then standing on the cushioned mat I crossed my arms over my chest.

"What's the first problem you'll run into when facing a Strigoi?"

"They're immortal?" She asked after a brief pause. Her eyes were sternly on mine, full of the determination I saw in the lounge, she was ready to learn everything I taught her.