Chapter 1: Friday

Magsimula sa umpisa

"3 minutes" paddy explains "impressive"

"Thanks" I reply still trying to catch my breath. Sam pulled out of the driveway and we began making our way to the school.

"Why did you decide to come?" Sam asks.

"I've never seen Tom play" I explained "if he makes a mistake then I can make fun of him"

"Hey I do that too!" Paddy says giving me a high five. We arrive at the school and I take in the scene. A bunch of parents fighting trying to decide which team was going to win. A bunch of middle school girls trying to look cool with their face paint. The popular girls wearing crop tops and shorts even when it was cold outside. Pretty much everything I expected but worse. Sam, Paddy and I got out of the car and entered through the gait. Paddy and I found spots on the bleachers while Sam went over to the student section.

"You excited?" I ask Paddy as the marching band plays random songs until the team came out.

"Yep" paddy explains "making fun of Tom is one of my favorite activities!" A few seconds later both of the teams come onto opposite sides of the field. Tom and his friend Harrison went up to the middle of the field along with the coach. From the other team two of the taller boys walked to the center along with their coach. The group shook hands and eventually the game started. I didn't understand soccer that much but I knew that Tom was a starter. Paddy and I watched as the other team scored goal, after goal, after goal. Our team was losing so badly when the first half ended. Tom walked off the field with an angry look on his face. He ran his hand through his sweaty hair returning to the locker room.

Tom POV:
I sat down on the bench in the locker room and drank some water. "What's wrong with you guys out there?" The coach asks throwing the papers with our plays on them across the room.

"I don't know coach" I explain. I stood up and put my head against the wall to try to gain my focus.

"Well you guys better figure it out soon" the coach responds "we are undefeated. We can't lose to this private school" he slams the locker before walking out. The team and I follow in silence.

"Dude she's here" Harrison explains.

"Who is here?" I ask. Looking around in the stands while entering the field.

"Y/n. She's with Paddy" Harrison says.

"Oh my god she actually came!" I respond elbowing Harrison.

"Better show her that you aren't a loser or she will never like you" Harrison explains.

"Dude I don't like her like that. She's just my best friend." I reply.

"Every single girl in this school wants to go on a date with you and you decline over and over again. Don't try to act like it's not because of her. I know you Tom." Harrison says before slapping my arm and running onto the field. I follow him.

Y/n POV:
During half time the band played. It was boring but I saw a girl from my honors science class. She used to be my lab partner before I asked to work alone. Soon enough the team ran back on the field. Everyone was cheering and clapping. Right as the game resumes our team scores almost right away. Well let me rephrase that, Tom scores almost right away. "GO TOMMY!" I hear several girls yell from the student section. Tom smiles and waved at them awkwardly. After a while the game ended and Tom had managed to win the team a victory.

"Wow Tom actually did it" Paddy explains as we waited for Sam.

"I don't really know how soccer works but that was impressive." I respond. Eventually we see Sam and Harry and we walk over to them.