Hydrangea

Hydrangea symbolizes heartfelt emotions. It can be used to express gratitude for being understood. In its negative sense hydrangea symbolizes frigidity and heartlessness.

---

Yuhare's PoV

All the playfulness in the rink was gone as the new season approached.

I settled at the rink side with a novel after finishing with the paperwork in Aunt Tracy's office.

Yuzuru would be going to the Cup of China in two days.

Javi just came back from Skate Canada and would be off for Rostelecom a week later.

Uncle Brian and Aunt Tracy were talking to Shae-Lynn at the corner.

Nam was chatting with Javi at the benches.

"Hey Yuhare, should we get lunch together?"

"If you don't mind carrying this bulky item around." I pointed at myself and we all laughed.

"What are you reading?" Nam peeked at the book in my hands.

"Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier."

"Oh my god this looks so difficult." Nam quickly hid behind Javier.

I reached out and patted the boy's head,which made him blush.

"Gosh, Yuzu! Why on earth would you be here?" Javi shouted.

I frowned as I saw the boy passing through the glass doors.

"Hey Yuzuru, you should rest at home!" I pushed myself forward and laid my hand on his forehead.

Still boiling hot.

He caught a cold two days ago and his fever was still there.

"I'm fine." he mumbled as he headed for the changing room, shoving my hand aside.

I looked at his pale face.

And blocked his way in the corridor with my wheelchair.

"You're not."

"Competition is in two days."

"But what you need now is to rest."

"I have to practice so I can do well! "

"I can't bear seeing you torture yourself like this--"

"So am I now skating for you or skating for myself?! If you can't bear then just go!"

He left these words down before pushing me aside and sprinting into the changing room.

Cold. Sharp.

Unlike the usual Yuzuru.

Unlike the Yuzuru I know.

I stared at the empty corridor.

Did I really stress him out?

Did I interfere too much?

He's turning 20 next month. He's going to be an adult. He's become more mature.

He's no longer that boy who would cling to me and cry all his fears out.

Not that little boy in elementary school who hid behind me when other kids complained about PE classes stopped once again because he triggered his asthma.

He's grown up. He makes his own decisions and no longer needs me as a motivation or companion.

I can't skate anymore and I can't catch up with his pace anymore.