36

"It's my fault," Percy sat down in a cave as a storm approached, shaking his head, Loki's blood still all over his hands. He didn't intend to wipe it off yet.

"It's nobody's fault, Percy," Thor had been calling Percy that ever since Loki died- whether it comforted the immortal or made him feel even more grief Thor didn't know. Then again, he hadn't told him to stop. "Loki sacrificed himself on his own terms, and now we know that, as he died a warrior's death, he will be feasting in Valhalla with-" he stopped himself, taking a small breath. "-With mother."

Percy stared at his hands. The blood was dry now, and he noticed he was shaking. Why was he shaking? It wasn't cold- in fact, it was the complete opposite. It was swelteringly hot on Svartalfheim, and Jane, Percy and Thor were practically on fire.

"He's gonna unleash it," Jane said. "Not just on Asgard or on a star, Malekith is gonna destroy everything."

Percy sighed, resting his head on the wall of the cave. Another potentially world-ending event. Fantastic.

"How?" Thor seemed to be all ears. "Jane, how?"

"I saw him on Earth- why would he go to Earth?" She asked, looking between Thor and Percy for some sort of answer.

"The convergence," Thor realised. Percy opened his eyes and sat up straight.

"The con-what-gence?" He asked.

"Convergence. The perfect alignment of all Nine Worlds," he explained. "It happens once everything five thousand years, and causes barriers between the worlds to become weak. That's why Malekith wants to use this weakness to reduce Yggdrasil to nothing but eternal darkness- just as the universe began."

"Right," Percy nodded slowly. "So you're saying that, if we don't stop Malekith, the worlds as we know it will end?"

"Yes," Thor confirmed gravely.

"Oh, God, none of this would have happened if I hadn't found the Aether," Jane paced.

"You're absolutely right," Percy agreed, receiving a glare from Thor. "What? You know she's right! If it wasn't for her, Loki would be safe and well, and we wouldn't be stranded here! Don't you dare tell me that either of us are wrong."

"Percy, I know how you feel, but-"

"How can you possibly know how I feel?" Percy was shouting now. "I've lost everything, Thor! The only people I still care about apart from you are on Earth, which, by the way, is about to be attacked by a bunch of dark elves! So forgive me if I seem a little bit agitated!"

"I lost my brother!" Thor shouted back. "He may not have been of my blood, but I still cared for-"

"Oh, please!" Percy laughed humourlessly, standing up. "You never cared about Loki! You saw how he was treated on Asgard, and you did nothing! He was miserable his whole life because of you!"

"Don't you DARE try to speak for him!" Thor argued back, standing as well, his hands making small sparks of lightning.

"I don't need to!" Percy yelled. "He told me himself! He only ever wanted to be like you, he wanted to be your brother! But you ignored him!"

"I NEVER-" Thor was interrupted by some music playing in Jane's direction. He and Percy turned to her, raising an eyebrow. Percy looked at Thor and shrugged, and Thor did the same. "It's not me."

Jane patted her pockets for something, found her phone and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hi Jane, it's Richard," Percy heard someone say from the phone with his enhanced godly hearing.

Catch Me If I Fall (PJO/Avengers Crossover)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें