Chapter 34: My Affection

Ricky laid in the bed finishing the rest of the bottle of Henny. He was hurt that Lauren was gone, his mother battling breast cancer, and the love of his life done with him. He felt like a fuck up and believed he deserved everything thrown at him. 10 missed calls and 20 unread messages he finally answered Dreux's call so he wouldn't be worried. "Yeah" he answered. "Bro, you good? I've been calling your yellow ass, I was about to pull up on you" he said. "I'm good.. bye" Ricky hung up. He was mad at Dreux for not telling him about their mother. He rolled over to grab the blunt but ended up falling flat on his face. "Shit" he mumbled trying to grab the blunt his body had no energy he collapsed falling asleep.

Cortez

Cortez was on amazon ordering some gifts for the kids. It still wasn't safe to be out and about and Christmas is literally 2 weeks away. If he had to get a fake Christmas tree and have it in this suite he would do so. Things between him and Victoria still weren't the best for some reason he thought a near-death experience for both of them would've brought them somewhat closer but no. Cortez can't breathe around Victoria without her being pissed off. He was following Craig's advice trying to put his ego to the side but her attitude was driving him insane. It was hard to bite his tongue and not put his foot down. So he decided not to say much to her ever since she blamed it all on him. He left her alone, he watched her walk around giggling on her phone wondering who she was talking to or about. "Dad, what's up with you a mom? It's so awkward" Jaden said. They were so used to their parents being apart even being in a space for a week fucked up the energy and it shouldn't be like this. What really fucked his head up is her growing another man's child in her belly. He was ready to quit it was becoming too much for him. She got off the phone walking past him to grab something to drink. Barely looking at him she went back into the room closing the door. This was the perfect time to bond but it seems like the only person that's been bonding with their kids was him.

Victoria sat down answering her phone. She didn't recognize the number but she answered anyway.

"H-hello" she answered

"Hey Victoria, this is Josie," she said. "Oh, hey girl" She said surprised to hear from her ever since she threw up at her shop she didn't feel the need to catch up with her. "Hey.. I um heard what happened. I just wanted to see if you were okay" she said. "I'm... taking it day by day" she admitted. "That's all you can do," Josie said. "You're right about that, so what's going on with you girl? She asked. "Girl nothing, I just wanted to check in with you. No one deserved that you know" she said. Victoria liked Josie so far she still didn't understand what she saw in Ricky or maybe she was still looking in the lenses of her 24-year-old self. "I appreciate that boo.. now what's wrong? Victoria asked out of curiosity. "We never caught up since last time so spill," She said. Although Victoria couldn't stand the family she was always down to hear the tea.

"Uhh Ricky was in fact messing with his ex, I called him out on it and we got in a huge argument then here comes Kamaya's ass out the blue. I thought we were past her being in people's business but I guess not" she said.

"Uhh, I can't stand her raggedy ass" Victoria rolled her eyes. "Girl we were cool I was so confused, she was really talking to me crazy-

"Girl, Kamaya is fake tough. I punched her ass a decade ago for being cute she can't even look at me now" She said. "Damn" Josie laughed. "What happened? She asked. "She was running her punk ass mouth and wanted to run behind her brothers... I had to help her fight off these girls that were trying to jump her over Rudy little ugly ass and ugly hoes" Victoria explained "I can believe it, she had the audacity to tell me I either can fuck with Ricky the long way or get the fuck on. I never wanted to drag someone by the neck"