Truth or Dare

Começar do início

"That wasn't as bad as I was hoping for," Kai said.

"Wait.  All of you knew I wasn't really sick?!"

"Of course we did," Cole said.  "We figured you just needed a day.  Besides, you are far from the first one to do it.  We've all pretended to be sick at least once.  Next time, you don't have to hide it from us.  We've all started covering for each other."  Everyone nodded.  "Anyways, you pick the next person."

Lloyd looked around at everyone.  "Zane, truth or dare?"

"Truth," Zane said.

"How serious have you and PIXAL been getting?"

There was a chorus of 'oohs' that followed Lloyd's question.

"How is this relevant?" Zane asked.

"You're the one who picked truth," Lloyd said.

"Missions have gotten in the way of our relationship.  I promised her that we would spend some time together tomorrow when we get back."

"That's sweet," Nya said.

"Cole, do you pick truth or dare?" Zane asked the earth ninja.

"Dare," Cole said.

"I dare you to watch us eat the cake we brought and you are not allowed to eat a single bite."

"That's a really good one," Jay said as he, along with the other ninja, laughed.  Cole just gave him a death glare.

Zane passed out slices of cake to everyone except Cole and they started eating it.

Cole crossed him arms.  "This is so unfair," he huffed.  Cole waited until everyone was done eating before he continued their game.  "Jay, truth or dare?"

"Truth," Jay answered and Cole and Kai groaned.  "What?"

"You always pick truth," Kai complained.

"Because I don't trust you guys."

"It's no fun if you never choose dare."

"Why are you picking on me?  Lloyd and Zane always pick truth too."

"Well, Lloyd is the youngest and Zane is a nindroid," Cole explained.  "We just don't argue with what they pick.  Just let me give you a dare this once."

"Fine," Jay caved.  None of the ninja noticed that there was someone hidden in the forest watching them.  "What dare are you giving me?"

"I dare you to..."  Cole looked around, trying to decide on what to dare Jay.  "I dare you to go deeper into the forest alone and stay there for ten minutes."

Jay paled.  "Y-You want me to do what?!"

Nya grabbed Jay's hand and squeezed it.  "You don't have to do it if you don't want to," Nya told him.  "Technically, you picked truth first, so it's ok if you don't want to do it."

"I-It's fine.  I-I'll do it."  Jay got up and walked off while everyone else stayed around the fire.

"It's ok.  There is nothing creepy out here," Jay was trying to reassure himself.  "I'm just alone in the forest...at night."  He heard a branch cracked and tensed up until he saw that it was just a squirrel.  "See.  There's nothing scary."

"Hello blue ninja."

Jay immediately forze when he heard that familiar voice.

"Did you miss me?"

The others waited for Jay to come back.  It had been fifteen minutes which was longer than he was supposed to stay out there.

"I'm gonna go find him," Nya finally said.

"I'm sure he's fine, Nya," Kai said.  "Just give him a few more minutes."

"You are very wrong, red ninja."  Everyone immediately got up and saw someone very familiar to Nya holding Jay and Jay looked terrified.

"Nadakhan?!" she gasped.  "How are you back?!"

"Some fool opened the Teapot of Tyrahn," he responded.

"That's Nadakhan?" Lloyd asked Nya in a whisper.  Nya nodded.  Jay and Nya told the others about Nadakhan in case he ever returned, but of course, they didn't know what he looked like.

"Let him go!" Cole yelled.

"You made a mistake, black ninja," Nadakhan said.  "Sending him in the forest alone made it a lot easier for me to take him so I can get my revenge."

"We will stop you!" Kai growled.

"You will have to find me first."

Nadakhan poofed away with Jay leaving an orange cloud where they were.

Nya fell to her knees crying as Lloyd and Kai tried to comfort her.  Cole stood where he was in shock.  He couldn't move.  He couldn't speak.  He felt like it was all his fault.  His best friend was in danger because of the stupid dare he gave him.  Zane put a hand on Cole's shoulder and Cole looked up at the nindroid.  "We will get him back," Zane said.

"I hope so."

A/N: I'm so sorry it took this long for me to post the first chapter.  I will try to start updating my stories faster, but no promises.  I hope you enjoyed!