2: Mazdah's Uncovered

"Wait, We are?" Bose said, he could see that Chapa was still processing what Ray, Mika, and Miles were so furious about. Bose wondered what could have happened between them that would make it look like he and Chapa were dating...

Chapa glanced over at Bose and back to the accusing three sitting at the booth. The room fell silent and Chapa couldn't help but burst out into laughter.

"ME?! AND- AHH HAHA ME AND BOSE..." Chapa said as she bent over clutching her stomach and catching her breath, "You all think... ME. AND BOSE... WHY? WAIT, what kind of sick joke is this?!"

Although Bose had no idea what was going on, he found it amusing and started laughing along with Chapa. "Is this some kind of payback for keeping you up last night? I gotta say, this ain't cool."

Mika looked at the two baffled but unamused, "Ha. Ha. Very funny, are you two really gonna keep it up? We already KNOW."

"Yea, it's all over the news, and it came directly from your mouth Bose." Miles added.

"Oh seriously just rewind and show them the darn clip!" Ray was growing impatient with every second, he didn't like this back and forth banter and questioning.

Miles grabbed the remote from the middle of the table and started rewinding, Chapa and Bose could see that the channel was set to the 10 AM news with Mary and Trent. After a few seconds of rewind the screen started to play.

"GooooodMorninnnnggg Swellview!" Trent started up in his highly enthusiastic anchor voice, "Or should we say... GOOD MORNING?" Mary added with her signature eyebrow raise.

Trent gave her his usual side eye and continued, "Looks like we have struck gold today Mary, as we know it the one and only Emma Watson's best friend; Natalie Mazdah claims Swellview's hunny has found a honey."

"Right you are Trent, turns out after being heroically saved by the Danger Force team Mazdah has been keeping her eye on Swellview's dashing superhero with great hair, Brainstorm."

"Mazdah says she wanted to learn more about the hero so she took it upon herself to find out all things storm." Trent added with a smirk.

"Mazdah shares with us today a clip from an interview we held with Brainstorm during our quarantine special,"
Mary added.

"Apparently Brainstorm is friends with none other than the phoneless, Lula Elena Chapa De Silva... But could they be more than just friends? Let's see what Brainstorm has to say for himself, we'll play the clip now." Trent looked up at the screen behind them and the clip started to play:

"Well there you have it! Mazdah's uncovered a confirmed kiss between Brainstorm and De Silva! But is there more than meets the eye? Find out next week on... Catching up with Mary and Trent!"

But before Mary could carry on to her next segment Miles paused the TV and gave Bose and Chapa an eye that said 'Well?'.

"OF COURSE! They WOULD crop out the part where I said no one kissed anyone." Chapa sparked her fingers in anger. "But seriously Mika? You were there when Bose said that and told me to calm down."

Mika said standing up, "Mh? Me? I don't remember that, besides we all know that once something comes out on the news, that means it's one-hundred percent true."

"Actually that's not true and actually very dangerous." Chapa muttered quickly, "But NEVERMIND THAT. We're here now and we're telling you, we're NOT dating."

Ray butting in, "If that's the case why did Bose say you two kissed? It can't be for nothing." There goes Ray stirring the pot. AGAIN.

"I said it becaaause it did happen, don't you remember Chapa??" Bose could swear it happened...

"Absolutely not we've never kissed." Chapa couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Oh, it must've been a dream then." Bose didn't think of it much, honestly he always had the weirdest dreams and could never tell which were real and which were not.

"You see!! Now can we PLEASE drop this and let me enjoy my breakfast?" Chapa finally scooted onto a seat on the booth and reached over for a plate. "Finally! I'm starving!" Bose followed after.

"Not so fast! We still have a huge problem..." Mika started.

The room was full of confused faces and grunting noises from Chapa and Bose both, they just wanted to get to their darn flapjacks!

"Didn't you all hear what Mary closed the section off with??? she said 'But is there more than meets the eye?'" Mika gestured to Miles, he started to pick up what she was putting down.

"Yea this is bad."

"Look what are you two yapping about? Just spit it out!" There goes Ray again with another one of his outbursts.

Miles sighed out loud, "It means they're gonna try to find out all there is about Brainstorm or Chapa, or Brainstorm and Chapa, or how they met..."

"And? There's nothing to find out we're not a couple." Chapa was just about done with this subject. Bose looked at Chapa and nodded in agreement.

"And? It won't matter to them if you're dating or not, if they dig deep enough they might uncover who Brainstorm really is or that you're Volt, or worse; ALL of our secret identities!" Mika started pacing back and forth across the room.

Chapa placed her plate back down, her loss of appetite now starting to kick in, "Yea, okay this is bad."

——————
END OF PART 2
——————

Please leave comment! 😘