👻🌸Chapter 2🌸👻

(I was writing this with a pulled muscle and one eye so don't @ me if it sucks lol)

Shifting uncomfortably, Boo stared at the old man in front of her. Wrinkles covered his face and it looked as if it were about to fall off any second... no offense. He had a kind but wise look in his eyes, his character reflecting through them. He has a heart and a good head on his shoulders.

The tension was thick and Nana seemed desperate to crack a joke or something. The sudden change in atmosphere was no doubt a lot for her as they had been joking on the way here, leaving only bright thoughts in their mind until they were taken in by the men in vests. She always had trouble with reading the mood. Though, that caused a lot of relief for Boo as she also had trouble with social demands and expectations. It was by no means an unwelcomed trait in her mind.

"So human trafficking rings still take old ladies, eh?" The red-haired lady narrowed her eyes comically, her suspicions not to be taken seriously. Boo's eyebrow twitched, staring at her grandmother with a complicated look in her eyes.

'Author just said that I don't believe this is a bad trait and that proves they're an idiot. Watch as your character gets beheaded in the second chapter.' Boo thought, looking up at the ceiling with a pacifistic glimmer in her big, black and white ombre eyes.

Innocence totally beamed in them.

'Well, we've come this far, might as well go along with it.' Boo feigned putting her finger on her chin in mock interest, "I wasn't sure whether I should get involved in human trafficking, but now I'm sold."

"Bud dum tsst."

The Hokage shriveled up, his wrinkles deepening. "Holy shit, you okay dude?" Nana paled, leaning forward in her seat to get a better look at him. "Again with the accent changes. Be consistent for ONCE GOD DAMN." Boo threw her hands up into the air in exasperation, leaning back in her chair and huffing.

Nana glared at her, "How 'bout you keep your character consistent? What happened to cool and collected?! You're just being a bitch now!" Boo's face morphed into an expression of complete exasperation and judgment. She moved to place her hand over her chest and tilted her head back while keeping her neck in place, giving the sassiest, most offended look she could.

The Hokage just collected himself and brought his fist up to cough in. "Ahem. We're not human traffickers. Now, if we could get back onto the main focus, that would be wonderful." Nana and Boo stared at each other for a while before righting themselves on their chairs, seemingly nothing out of place.

The Hokage leaned forward and rested his chin on his now folded hands. "Thank you. Now, what are you doing in this village? And what was that contraption you exited when you got here?"

"It's a car you uncultured swine."

"Nana, mind your manners."

"This is going to be a long day..."

Well fuck, moods ruined and my fourth wall, which used to be as grand as the great wall of China, is completely decimated.

This calls for a...

✨TIME SKIP✨

"That was a mess." Boo sunk into the heavenly mattress beneath her weight, turning and burying her face into the soft pillows. (Tell me about it sistah) The fluffy clouds made of cotton and silk smelled like fried cinnamon bread that was freshly made, giving Boo a sense of calm. She closed her eyes and breathed in, exhaling in relief as the worries of today faded into the comforter. It was certainly called that for a reason.

The warmth from the blanket calmed down her nerves with the pressure. Now reassured by the small but comforting things that she always made sure to enjoy, she turned once again and looked at the bare ceiling. She reviewed everything that happened today and facepalmed. "Author-chan is probably going to charge me for the fourth wall. I'll make Nana pay." 

(What the hell did I give you a time skip for?!)

"But still, the Hokage seemed nice. I'm sure he'll take good care of me in the future." She was about to fall asleep when her mind suddenly went to the funeral that took place a day ago, the day this whole mess started.

She recalled the shiny wood and the gold detailing, the beautiful flowers scattered around every corner she looked, and the cold body filled with chemicals laying delicately on the velvet cushions of the casket.

Her face tightened in restrained sadness, her bottom lip curling in as she held back a tense and meager cry. The resistance in her throat stressed her muscles and her eyes watered.

"Kaasan..."

~~~

(Seriously don't @ me, I couldn't get the mood right for the life of me and the repair costs for the fourth wall were stressing me tf out. This chapter isn't that long but I wanted to recap the funeral bit as I kind of glossed over it in the previous two chapters.)