𝓢𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓦𝓲𝓹𝓮𝓭 𝓒𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓷

"You did it, we're free"

✰✰✰

February 20th, 1920 Stone County Lunatic Asylum 3:15 a.m

Addison Marie Brandon's brown eyes snapped open as a warm hand clamped over her mouth muffling the scream that threatened to escape, "Addison! It's me, calm down" Mary Alice whispered shouted trying to calm her older twin...

But she herself was shakey worried about the bloody-thirsty tracker who had finally caught their faint scent, "James. He's coming soon, we have to go now"...

Addison knew she had to hurry as she slid on her stained white sneakers before wrapping the burgundy cardigan around her body. She was practically trembling as Doctor Emerson placed both his hands on the twin's shoulders speaking in a hushed voice...

"Stay quiet and stay alert at all times if you hear someone run into the woods and don't look back understood" the twins nodded interlacing their pinkies to stay grounded...

✰✰✰

Addison Marie couldn't help but stare into the different rooms as she followed closely behind Doctor Emerson, each patient was barely asleep tossing and turning letting out small whimpers and groans much like she did when sleeping on the lumpy mattresses.

She held back a scream of terror feeling Mary Alice's hand tighten around her wrist as one of the patients pushed himself against the door holding tightly on the metal bars, all she could focus on were his eyes they were black and cloudly from the lack of sunlight and full of crazy.

"Patients are escaping! Patients are escaping! Take me with you!" he cackled waking the others and soon the screams and taunts were deafening, making her feel like her ears were bleeding...

Addison's grip tightened on Mary Alice's wrist dragging her along as she rushed down the dark hallway "don't look back Allie" she ordered pushing open the wide double doors stumbling down the stone steps.

The Asylum became smaller and smaller in the distance until it was no longer visible and only then did the two stop running...

✰✰✰

Addison's Marie placed her hands on her knees feeling her chest burn from all the running but she didn't care, her smile was bright as she inhaled the fresh air, there was no bleach or mold, no smell of blood or death. Doctor Stephen Arden couldn't hurt her anymore and neither could his guards, she was finally free.