«6 - Contracts and Demons»

Start from the beginning

"Shouldn't you know? I mean, you are supposed to be the homeroom teacher." I snicker, earning a blank stare from Guren.

"Ah! Lt. Colonel Guren! You're back from the demon army's officers' meeting!" Ms. Sayuri exclaims, her face glowing.

Oho! Someone has a crush~

"Ah. The Lt. Colonel." Shinoa giggles.

"Hi Sayuri. I'm back. So what's going on?" Guren begins, speaking with the ginger.

He looks over to Yuu and Kimizuki, sighing in annoyance.
"Those two. Again."

"You act surprised knowing full well, these idiots would be fighting. Seriously, don't you think before speaking?" I laugh, ready for a beat down.

As thought, Guren smacks me on the head, catching Yuu's attention.

"Hang on, Kimizuki. That bastard Guren is back!"
"Here we go again..." I sigh.

"Guren!! Fork over my cursed gear already!! My whole reason for living is revenge against those bloodsuckers!"

"Ohoho. I tire reminding you of my existence every time." I glare.

"...S-sorry, (N/n)..." Yuu apologises then turns back to Guren. Before he can say anything, Kimizuki covers his face and continues.

"You shut up. I'll talk. Lt. Colonel, sir. Why did you abandon your class to go awol for ten days? I believe we are fully prepared to make our contracts with demons, sir. If you have any explanation, I would like to know." Kimizuki says, respectively.

"Huh. So your runts think you have what it takes to make a contract, eh?" Guren smirks.

"Yeah! Of course!! Well, Kimizuki probably doesn't, but I do!!" Yuu throws a fist up.
"I told you to shut up!"
"No, you shut up!"

The two fight again as I sigh and walk up to them.
"If you two don't stop fighting..."
"Stay out of this, (N/n)!" Yuu says, angering me.

"Oh really?" I grab Yuu with two hands by the hair and head butt him hard enough to watch him stubble onto the ground.
"Owch! Ow, ow, ow!" He yells, rubbing his head.

I turn to Kimizuki and punch him on the top side of his head, leaving him rubbing his head and glaring.

"Fight again. I dare you." I frown, crossing my arms and standing over the two.
"Oh?"

I turn back to Guren who was talking to Ms Sayuri. According to her, Yoichi is the most stable in handling a demon. I'm proud of him.

She also mentioned how my stability far surpassed anyone else... That should be a good thing, yet it doesn't seem like it...

"Okay. Well, then. I can't stand formal stuff... So maybe I'll just test them myself." Guren unsheathes his weapon slightly, putting us on edge.

Ms Sayuri's eyes widen when she realises what's going on,
"Wha...? Wait! Lt. Colonel Guren!"

"Oh my. Is the Lt. Colonel planning to attack us?" Shinoa stands up, anxiety seeping in.

"If you die... well... It's your own fault for not training hard enough." The katana, now fully unsheathed hangs in Guren arm above the ground before being plunged between the wood.

"H-huh?"

A dark, cold, blackish-purple aura spikes out of the ground and wall, creating an unbearable force for those with low resistance.