five

I woke up sweating, thank god I hadn't gone back to being 16. The doorbell rang in the background. I hadn't processed it yet and was still dazed. It stopped only to be continued with the ringing on my phone. 

I picked it up not looking at the number. "Hey Y/N! You didn't forget didn't you?" The phone was on full volume plus speaker. The wind was practically coming through the phone. "Gimme a sec Dream" I hung upon him. I guess he was outside. 

I thoughtlessly rewrapped my bandages, put on a hoodie while the loud voices swarmed in. I brushed my teeth, before leaving the bathroom, using a quick splash of mouth wash. I went downstairs and got an apple. Hardly a breakfast.

There was Dream, waiting by the door. "Let's go!" he says motioning towards his car. I admired it for a second before following him into it. I sat, taking it in. An awkward silence filled the car. My stomach growls. He stifles a laugh, "Let's go get you a real breakfast!" he says.

In now time we get to where ever he was taking me. The beach boardwalk? Dream turns off the engine, tossing the car keys in his pocket. He starts walking to the crammed boardwalk, taking long strides. 

I follow him with my short legs, only then realizing my height was problematic too. In less than 20 seconds I had lost him in the crowd. "Dream?" I call out uselessly, there was no point in doing that. The chatter of people loud and when all the voices were going on at the same time I could hardly see myself Calling for Dream.

Suddenly a hand reaches out through the crowd and I panic until I hear Dream's voice. "Are you okay Y/N?" I can only faintly hear him but I still get the message. He pulls me over to a fish n chip stall. Although I lived near the beach, I've only had fish n chips once. And that was when I was 7.

"2 trays of fish n chips please the codfish. We'll also like 2 medium-sized soda, mountain dew and..." he looks at me questionably. "A Pepsi for me"