"He was climbing up there and when I tried to go after him, he kicked the ladder down and broke it," Taeyong set the ladder back down roughly. "But he's too scared to come down because its too high for him to jump down."

Jeno just watched Jaemin as Taeyong explained everything that was going on. The way Jaemin fiddled with the sleeves of his sweater paws.

Wait was that his jacket?

It was.

Jaemin had on Jeno's jacket that he let the boy borrow the other week.

Jeno swears he is going to have a heart attack because of this boy soon.

"You're almost like a cat. Aren't you Jaemin-ah?" Jeno teased lightly, trying to get the boy to stop looking so scared.

"Come here, kitty, kitty, kitty," Jeno playfully clicked, hoping it would coax Jaemin into calming down.

Jaemin just stared at him before his eye brows pulled down. He began to walk down the wall, further away from them.

"Hey! Don't do that you could fall," Lucas added in as he watched the boy walk away quickly.

Shit.

He messed up.

Jeno rushed over to walk on the sidewalk where Jaemin was fast walking.

"Hey, Jaemin I was just kidding," Jeno tried to apologize. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you upset. Please Minnie-"

Jaemins foot caught on the edge as he was suprised at Jeno's words, he tripped forward with a small squeak.

"Jaemin!" Jeno reached up and lightly grabbed his ankle, even though it wouldn't have helped any.

Jaemin had caught himself but both of them were about to have a heart attack.

"Jaemin please get down," Jeno pleaded with him.

Jaemin looked behind him at something before looking at him again.

Jeno turned and made eye contact with Lucas, who was watching the whole thing next to Taeyong.

"Stay," Jeno caught his eyes before walking over to Lucas. "Hey man, im not gonna go to the party tonight. I'm gonna handle this."

"Oh uh, yeah thats fine man," Lucas cleared his throat before patting him on the shoulder. "I'll uh see you in school."

After Lucas left, Jeno went right back to Jaemin.

"Come down please," Jeno asked but sighed when Jaemin shook his head.

"He's scared of heights," Taeyong said from behind him. "I was nervous he was gonna get stuck and tried to go after him but he ended up getting stuck anyway."

Jaemin glared at Taeyong, making Jeno laugh at the cute angry face.

"I'll catch you," Jeno held his arms up towards the younger.

Jaemin's eyes widened before shaking his head: "no..."

"You need to come down," Jeno reasoned. "Try to sit down first."

Jaemin stared at him before slowly crouching down and quickly sitting his but on top of the wall, his feet dangling off the edge.

It was still too high for Jaemin, he clutched the wall with white knuckles.

"Hey, hey," Jeno called softly until the boys eyes were on his own. "Just keep your eyes on me."

Jaemin's big brown eyes kept on his own. Jeno waited until they were stable on his.

"That's it," Jeno coaxed. "Don't be afraid. I'll catch you, I promise."

Jaemin looked hesitant as he slid his butt forward only to stop.

"Jaemin you better slide your ass off that wall right now," Taeyong voice from behind them.

Jaemin sighed before locking eyes with Jeno again.

"Don't...drop me," Jaemin let out shakily as he frowned.

"Never," Jeno said instantly.

Jaemin slide off right after that. He felt warm and strong hands catching him by the side of his ribs.

Both of them yelped for unknown reasons after Jeno helped Jaemin put his feet on the ground.

Jaemin looked alerted as he grabbed Jeno's hands. He traced his thumbs across the busted skin. His eyebrows mushed together and a cute pout on his lips.

"You alright?" Jeno pulled his hands away, not wanting Jaemin to ask about it. Not that he usually asked anything anyway.

Jaemin looked up and nodded his head. "Sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry," Jeno waved it off. "Why were you up there anyway?"

Before Jaemin could respond, Taeyong swooped in.

"Thank you so much for getting him down but we both have to get going. Its getting quite late," Taeyong said with a smile before quickly steering them towards a different direction. 

Leaving Jeno there with his mouth open on how quickly they just left.