Chapter I: Interstellar Link

Start from the beginning

Capt. McDaniel was informed of the process by Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Admiral John M. Richardson straight from the Pentagon. President Barack Obama sanctioned the scouting force to investigate the anomaly.

Azeroth
The North Sea
Off the coast of Quel'Thalas
Nighttime
(0700 Hours tracked for Earth Time)

The portal appeared in a location in the North Sea close to the elven homeland of Quel'Thalas. The surviving elves that were near the sea became curious on why a portal appeared two days after the onslaught. But that was not the least of their worries yet. Many of them still were recovering from the massacre. Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider was still in his studies in Dalaran. Sylvanas Windrunner had been resurrected as a banshee after her death by Arthas Menethil. Only two days ahead, most of their homeland was in desolation. And multiple undead were still roaming the land.

When the USS Cole entered the portal, it felt weird the first time for the entire crew, including the SEALs and the CIA agent. It felt like being phased through a centrifuge in a quick run. When they saw that it was night, that puzzled all of them.

The coastline was faintly made out by the moonlight, and they decided to explore further. 

High Elves POV

To the elves, what they saw quickly became a point of attention. From the portal emerged a ship, one that does not look familiar at all to them. For its size, it moved rather quickly, with the bow waves rapidly forming as a telltale sign. It didn't look like it belonged to the Alliance.

Suddenly, it shone out lights. Deciding to take a chance in attracting the attention of the ship, a few went out to signal it despite the dim moonlit night sky making visibility very difficult.

US Navy POV

It seemed like there was nothing for them to see, until in their spotlight, they spotted some people and the spotter onboard zoomed in.

"Uh, sir... you won't believe this.."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I think we just spotted some elves.. they got pretty long ears, if you ask me, sir."

"Let's see what's really going on. Send out a Zodiac ashore and bring them in."

High Elves POV

"It seems that they are sending some men to approach us. They do not look like they belong to the Alliance."

"Then I hope they are not foes that we have to deal with. The Scourge and the marauding Amani are two enemies that we have to face. We cannot hold off another enemy force."

As soon as a few sailors left the boat, they lit their flashlights on the observing elves, with the clean white glow being strangely unfamiliar to the elves and causing a reflexive reaction when it hit their eyes. 

"Excuse me, where are we? Do you know where we are? We are a little lost." a sailor asked

This sentence alone shocked the few elves present. That made them wonder who these people really were. If their rather large ship wasn't strange enough, those words sealed the deal.

"You don't know where you are? Pardon me, human, but you are in Quel'Thalas. Do you belong to the Alliance?" a female elf asked

US Navy POV

"Uh.... no, we don't. What is this Alliance you're talking about? We're United States Navy."

"Yeah, and to exactly tell you, I don't know if the ears is real or not, just because we went through a portal. Hell, I didn't know shit like that existed."