Something's There

It was high noon in Westown. Wayne walks out of the post office finished with his shift. He walks down the stares into the open market area and bustling street.

"Hi Wayne! You look handsome as always!" A young lady in pale, frilly clothes greets him. She giggles and bats her lashes behind a unfolded fan.

Wayne puts on his usual charm. "Well thank you m'lady. You're exceptionally gorgeous yourself." He tips his hat with a wink.

The woman blushes bright red. "Won't you accompany me for lunch? My daddy hired a 5 star chef from France. You'd quite enjoy it."

Wayne's eye twitches just a little but she doesn't recognize it. He never liked these types of invitations from rich girls. It made him feel like he was walking into an engagement trap, which he has done before. He liked making his boundaries with women clear in his head. It was the only way he could stay out of drama and maintain his peaceful lifestyle.

"That's quite tempting m'lady. But I'll have to sadly decline. It would be un-gentleman like to intrude in your father's home with no clear intention of his dealings with his lovely daughter." He looks into her eyes and smiles. The lady stands there completely captivated.

"Oh!....yes!.... of course!! Oh heavens. How bold of me! P-Please forgive my indiscretion."

"Have a good day ma'am." Wayne walks off a few steps. The lady swoons a bit more then finally making her way up the stairs. He snickers to himself feeling great since he dodged a bullet without hurting her feelings.

The mailman adjusts his jacket and walks a few steps forward before stopping dead in his tracks. His eyes follow her running down the steps. His heart thumps. Wayne swallows trying to suppress the feeling. Yet his feet wouldn't move.

Violet trots down the stairs. She was wearing a dress that hiked up at her knees. Her hair fell in long twists over the shoulder. Wayne watches her bosom jump while coming down. Something he didn't use to do. Or at least tried not to...

Before he realized, she was down the stairs and they were face to face. She smirks at him playfully.

"Sup! Wayne!" Violet grins.

Wayne's brain sputters a bit. "Violet!....How are ya!"

She snickers and furrows her brow. Smile never leaving. "You good? That was a weird way of greeting, coming from you."

Wayne let's out a breathy chuckle avoiding eye contact. She laughs. "You're usually like—" The farmer turns and looks over her shoulder then winks at him. "Hey, girl. You lookin beautiful today." She lowers her voice, smolders and kisses the air.

He watches her little impersonation trying not to laugh. "I'm not that bad." He laughs.

"Mhm. You are but Imma leave it alone since you acting off."

"I feel fine, really..."

She waits for him to say more. He just looks away again.

"Hmmm. Could this be....cuz....you saw me in my panties, that time?"

He turns red. She doesn't let him look away, a little excited at being right and making him crack.

"It's...well...it was shameful!" He snaps. Her expression falls.

Violet stands back a little hurt. "Shameful? But you walked in on ME."