06 A helpful friend

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Warning: Mature rated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~but only starting with around the second half of the chapter.~

~Xiao Zhan's POV~

After putting out the fire in the stove, we went outside, neither of us mentioning what had just happened.

"We are so lucky that the forest is a birch forest.
This white birch bark is the best for firewood, it's not wet and it's burning perfectly.", BoBo spoke, while opening the car door for me.

I thought that we would walk , but he explained that the road along the lake, leading to the forest, it's landscaped.

He kept talking while driving:
"But it's a pity that it's only February and the forest will look kind of depressive. If it would have been at least March, we could have found mushrooms and even flowers.
Birch forest is much more attractive in spring and summer, but the most beautiful is in the autumn time.
You will love it, much more for sure, when we will come in autumn, the colors are amazing.
Am I boring you? Just tell me to shut up, if you are fed up with my nature rambling."

"No, no, it's fine, I love it. But how come you know so much about trees and stuff?", I smiled widely, because of two main reasons.
One, I was grateful to have him rambling on. It saved us from an awkward conversation about our making out session.
And two, I smiled because of that: "...when we will come in autumn"...

He started telling me stories from trips with his friends.

I loved how his whole face was getting enlightened while talking:
"Wow, you are really passionate about nature, I envy you.
The only trips I attended in nature were when I was a kid, in elementary school years.
I have no clue about mountain hiking, camping or ocean diving. All that stuff you are talking about, sounds to me like scenes cut from books or movies, not from real life."

"Do not worry, I can teach you...
I can show you the wooorld
Shining, shimmering splendiiid", Wang Yibo started to sing.

I joined him, and we sang together:
"A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you"

My heart almost broke my rib cage when he repeated the last verse in a whispered voice, while taking one of my hands and pressing a soft kiss in the hollow of my palm.

"Errmm, BoBo, can I ask you something?", I encouraged myself.

"Of course, but before asking, promise me that you will let me show you the world, no matter what."