Revenge and aftermath

Percy looked in the mirror, red and soft gold dress robes fit him perfectly and accentuated his lanky figure. He decided to wear a bit of perfume he got as a christmas present from Charlie and he put his prefect badge on his chest. As a finishing touch, he wore his half rimmed glasses in which he looked really cute.

As he went back to the dorm, he noticed Oliver looking more dashing than ever, in black and white dress robes.

Oliver was speechless, he never saw Percy dressed up, he was always either in something casual or in school robes.

"You look amazing," he said taking his hands, "ready?"

Percy nodded and they went in the great hall. All eyes were on them but they pretended not to notice it.

Weird Sisters were hired to sing, the entire hall was decorated in golden lights, long house tables were replaced by small, circle ones.

As Percy went to get them drinks, he noticed Ron and Hermione, Harry and a girl named Cho and ravenclaw prefects Michael and Penelope. Penelope gave him a wave but quickly went back to her date.

Percy took two firewhiskeys and found Oliver. They drank it fast and Oliver convinced Percy to dance. When the slow song started, they danced glued to each other, not saying a word, just savouring each and every moment which felt like an eternity.

After hour and a half, Weird Sisters took a break of 10 minutes. Students were chatting merrily, Hagrid, McGonagall and Lupin (who were chaperons, fourth chaperon Snape never showed up) were discussing the dances of their youth, nearly headless Nick was flirting with one Weird sister. Everything went fine when they suddenly heard a noise from the stage.

"One, two, one, two," Cormac said on microphone.

Everyone looked at him, Fred and George immediately said "This can't be good."

"You might be wondering why I am up here. I am here to tell a little story while our fabulous singers take a break. The story is about two guys in love. Let's call them Oliver and Percy."

Oliver's face got redder and he wanted to go on the stage and kick Cormac's ass, but Percy held him back.

"Their love story might seem like a perfect story. Roommates for 7 years, friends who realized they've always loved each other, a quidditch captain and a nerd, a story with a happy end. The truth is quite different. Oliver was never in love with Percy, he was payed by Percy's twin brothers to date him. Why you might ask? Because if Percy doesn't date, neither would Fred or George. Isn't that pathetic? Poor Percy thought he found himself a soulmate, when actually he was being played like a puppet."

Percy looked at Oliver, heartbroken, as if he hoped Oliver would say it is not true. Oliver looked back at him and that look told Percy everything. Cormac was right, it was all fake.

"And to top it all, they all laughed at Percy's expense, at how easy it was to seduce him. It was Oliver's greatest win, getting a person no one else could."

Percy couldn't listen anymore and he ran outside. No one was laughing at him, instead they all looked at him with pity. Oliver followed him and called out his name.

"Percy, wait." He ran up to him and grabbed his shoulders. "Listen to me, please."

"Get off me, asshole. I don't want to talk to you, you used me. I knew it was too good to be true, but I took a chance on you. Look what it did to me. Go, go and have an amusing conversation with the twins about it." Percy cried.

"You don't understand, I really love you. That money meant nothing to me." Oliver kissed him, but Percy pushed him away, took out his wand and wordlessly sent him flying down the stairs. Oliver fell with a thud on the floor, knowing he deserved it. When he got up, everyone was looking at him. Professor McGonagall looked so disappointed in him.