Chapter 5: Xiaojun

Xiaojun found love somewhere he wasn't expecting. He fell in love with a girl he met in one of the cafes in Gangnam, Seoul. Her name is Choi Haneul. She looks like this:

(Pictured above: Soojin of (G)-Idle)When Xiaojun saw her, he was shy to approach her

When Xiaojun saw her, he was shy to approach her. It usually takes him a while to warm up to new people, and he wants a girl who can be patient with him. He didn't want to lose his opportunity to talk to her, so it's either he approach her to let her leave the cafe. The latter option wouldn't get Xiaojun anywhere. He got enough confidence to walk up to the girl, who is sipping her coffee, sitting alone.

Xiaojun pulls out a chair and sits in front of Haneul. She looks up at Xiaojun, who had just randomly sat in front of you.
"누구십니까?" Haneul asked(Who are you?)
"저는 샤오더준입니다." Xiaojun said, introducing himself.
"처음 뵙겠습니다, 저는 최하늘입니다." Haneul said(Nice to meet you, I'm Choi Haneul)
"몇 년도에 당신은 태어났는지요?" Xiaojun asked(What year were you born in?)
"저는 1997년에 태어났습니다." Haneul said(I was born in 1997)
"저는 1999년에 태어났습니다." Xiaojun said(I was born in 1999)
"당신은 제 남동생과 동갑이네요." Haneul said(You're the same age as my little brother)
"당신의 형은 누구입니까?" Xiaojun asked(Who's your brother?)
"최산 씨입니다." Haneul said(Choi San), then showed Xiaojun a picture of San from ATEEZ.
Xiaojun's eyes widen, "아이돌이에요."(He's an idol)
"맞아요. ATEEZ에 있어요." Haneul said(Right. He's in ATEEZ)
"우와, 저도 아이돌이에요." Xiaojun said(I'm also an idol)
"어느 그룹에서요?" Haneul asked(From which group?)
"V자 입니다." Xiaojun said(WayV)

Haneul and Xiaojun continue talking over a few more coffees. As Xiaojun gets to know Haneul, he finds out that she is, in fact, related to San of ATEEZ. She has his phone number, pictures of them together, and plenty of evidence as to how she is his big sister. She saved his name on his contact as: lil bro. She is very protective of San, and she's glad that so many fans love and care for him as well. Xiaojun is really liking Haneul. He never pictured himself with an older girl, but he thinks that Haneul is just perfect, even though she is older.

Later that afternoon, Xiaojun has to return to SM Entertainment. He has Haneul's KakaoTalk now, so he can keep in contact with her later on. By the time Xiaojun finished his activities for the night, he couldn't be more excited to be texting Haneul. He really likes her, he was just slow to really open up to her. It takes Xiaojun a while before he actually tells his new love interest some personal information about himself because it's just the way he is. After about two weeks of talking, Xiaojun finally explained that he is actually Chinese and he is one of the many Chinese idols under SM Entertainment. Haneul thinks that he is really handsome, and that race or ethnicity had nothing to do with relationships. She wants to break down barriers where what a person's ethnicity is stopping someone from dating. She hasn't really dated a Chinese man before, only other Koreans, Japanese, and a couple American expats living in South Korea. She believes that dating Xiaojun will broaden her perspective on dating guys from all sorts of backgrounds.

Xiaojun visits Haneul at her apartment on his rare day where he has a day off. Haneul is happy to see Xiaojun visit her at her apartment. She is taking care of the Choi family cat named Byeol. Xiaojun is very familiar with cats as WayV have their own cats, and even have a siamese cat like Byeol. Xiaojun showed Haneul pictures of their siamese cat named Louis. Haneul loves how cute Louis is and thinks it would be even cuter to have a kitty play date where Byeol meets Louis and they play together. Xiaojun also loves that idea. It would be so cute.

Xiaojun hangs out with Haneul all day. At some point during the evening, when Xiaojun is most comfortable with Haneul, San makes a visit. He walks into the living room and sees Xiaojun next to his older sister, and they're watching a Netflix K-drama while romantically making out. San's reaction to this scene as he walks into the living room, he just stars with his mouth wide open and his eyes open wide as well.
"Haneul noona! What are you doing?" San asked, shook to the core.
"Huh, 뭐?" Haneul asked, pulling away from Xiaojun and he's revealed to San as her boyfriend(What?)
"Who is this?" San asked.
"This is Xiaojun. He's my new boyfriend." Haneul explained.
"Xiaojun?" San asked.
"Yes, it's me. Hi, my name is Xiaojun, it's a pleasure to meet you, San." Xiaojun said.
"Wow. I've seen your work in WayV, we should collab some time. My only concern is, why are you dating my sister?" San asked.
"Aww, thank you. I really admire your flexibility as a dancer and your vocals as well. I'm dating your noona because I just saw her in a cafe and I fell in love." Xiaojun explained.
"Mhm, okay. I welcome you to the Choi family. Just treat her right, okay." San said.
"Now, you're starting to sound like dad." Haneul groaned.
"When our parents are not around, it's my job to take care of you and make sure you're not hurt." San said.
"But I'm the older sibling." Haneul said.
"I guess you're right." San said. Then, he plopped down on the couch, right between Haneul and Xiaojun. He did this on purpose just so they can have a barrier between them.

San and Xiaojun get to know each other. They can relate to each other because they are both idols. Both of them talk about how they made great achievements thus far. By the end of their hang out, San ended up being a third wheel, but gained Xiaojun's friendship.