Chapter 2: Ten

On his own search for love, Ten went back to Thailand. Ten usually had no interest in girls nor really had a love life because he was so focused on becoming the artist of his dreams. While he was back in school, he would just focus on his school work and only wondered when the next time he could practice dance would be. While he was wandering the floating markets of Bangkok, he saw a fruit vendor who is selling all sorts of fruits. Now, Ten despises fruit, but he approaches the vendor anyway. The girl looks like this:

(Pictured above: Ramida Jiranorraphat)Ten walks up to the girl selling fruits, introducing himself to her

Ten walks up to the girl selling fruits, introducing himself to her.
"สวัสดีฉันชื่อจิตตาภรณ์ แต่เรียกฉันว่าเท็นก็ได้." Ten said(Hello, my name is Chittaphon, but you can call me Ten)
"หวัดดีคุณเท็น ฉันชื่อแช่มช้อย." Chaem said(Hi, Ten. My name is Chaem Choi)
"ยินดีที่ได้รู้จัก." Ten said(Nice to meet you)
"ยินดีที่ได้พบคุณเช่นกัน." Chaem said(Nice to meet you, too)
"Can you speak English?" Ten asked.
"Yes, I can speak English." Chaem said.
"I was going to say that you have a pretty name." Ten said.
"Aww, thank you." Chaem said, "Do you see anything you like?"
"You." Ten said with a cute giggle.
"Oh my God." Chaem said.
"Really, I don't like fruits. I just saw a pretty girl." Ten said.
"I appreciate the compliment." Chaem said.
"May we be friends?" Ten asked.
"Ah. . ." Chaem said, thinking.

Chaem thought about being friends with Ten. Then, she decided it would be nice to be friends with him, so she agreed. They exchanged KakaoTalk IDs, then they began texting later. Usually, Ten is dirty-minded, but out of respect for Chaem, he didn't make those types of jokes until they're actually really close. After spending about 2 weeks in Thailand, visiting his family, doing some surfing at the beach, Ten returns to Seoul after his lovely vacation in Thailand. Chaem, after realizing that Ten has already gone home, she lost her opportunity to confess to him. She actually fell for him and she doesn't know when or if she can actually tell him.

Chaem doesn't want to miss the opportunity to tell Ten that she likes him, so she flies herself to Seoul, all by herself. It is her first time traveling alone and leaving Thailand, so she hopes it will be worth it. Chaem walks straight into the building where she knows she can find Ten: SM Entertainment. She is shocked to hear his pretty vocals, singing Face to Face. At first, she doesn't want to interrupt his practice session. She just sits out in the hallway, listening to him sing. Chaem doesn't know Chinese, but she knows that the song sounds beautiful.

Once Ten finishes his vocal practice, this is Chaem's chance to just walk into the room. She walks right up to Ten, grabbing him by the shoulders, gently.
"Ten. I like you." Chaem blurts.
"What? Really?" Ten asked, shocked.
"Mhm." Chaem said, nodding her head.
"Well, I meant to tell you that--" Ten is cut off by:

Chaem takes charge by kissing Ten romantically. She couldn't even let him finish his sentence. They already knew that they fell in love with each other. That one fateful day in Bangkok, on the floating market, it was like love at first sight. It just took them 2 weeks to realize that they're in love. When Chaem pulls away from Ten, he does nothing but smile.
"Wow, I wasn't expecting that." Ten said.
"I didn't come to Korea for nothing." Chaem said.
"I guess I can call you my girlfriend now. . ." Ten said, trailing off.
"You can." Chaem said, grabbing his hand.

Ten officially calls Chaem his girlfriend. After all these years of being an idol and only focusing on achieving his dream, he has finally found love. He has achieved his second dream of finding someone who he can be comfortable with, who he can love with all his heart. Ten couldn't be any happier by finding Chaem and falling in love with her. This begins their new relationship. Chaem is younger than Ten, the same age as his younger sister, who was born in 1999. This age gap doesn't bother them because it is becoming more normal for couples to have age gaps. They think that age doesn't matter when it comes to love.

Sooner than expected, Chaem had to go back home to Thailand, leaving Ten who had to stay in Seoul. Their relationship became a long distance relationship, but Ten knows if he can make frequent trips to Thailand to visit, he knows they'll be okay. The days grew into weeks, weeks into months before Ten could even catch a break to go to Thailand. By the time that Ten went back to Thailand, Chaem had been waiting months. She argued with Ten about him having to visit more, but with the type of job he has, it is very demanding, and requires him to be in Korea for many months on end. Ten apologizes, but Chaem has a bad habit of holding a grudge for a bit too long.

Ten and Chaem hang out for the first time in months, at a cute cafe. Ten knows Chaem very well know, so an apology won't do for just not visiting her for months on end. A coffee or tea always make Chaem feel better. She later realizes what she had done wrong.
"Ten, I'm sorry for acting out." Chaem said.
"No, I get it. I didn't visit for what felt like forever. I should be the one who should apologize." Ten said.
"We've both done some things that we regret. Like, after going to Korea and seeing what you do for a living, has made me realize that I dreamed of doing the same thing when I was 15." Chaem said.
"Why didn't you audition?" Ten asked.
"I was too scared. I know there were already some Thai idols who are successful, but I was still too scared." Chaem explained.
"You don't need to be scared anymore. You still have time to make it." Ten said, encouraging Chaem.
"You really think so?" Chaem asked.
"Of course you do. I believe in you." Ten said.
"I'll think about it." Chaem said.
"No more thinking, you'll just need to do it now or it'll be too late." Ten said.
"Okay." Chaem said with a smile.