Grand Funeral |48|

Start from the beginning

30 minutes in

It's 12:30 and my family is taking there go arounds with their story times with her.

"Boy, I remember when myla first came to Florida. I might've freaked her out when I knocked on the door cause I was wearing all black and she was looking at me like I was crazy." My granddad jeremiah spoke.

He went in another 10 minutes and spoke about her and there stories together, it was nice hearing these things before I was even born.

After that my other granddad adrian came up and spoke. "Myla and I had some rough times for sure, but looking at the beautiful daughter we created and how she became, I know she did something right when I was being childish. Myla is and will always be the love of my life despite all the crap in between. We had a long run and she ran all the way until she ran out of breath. At this moment we will never forget her an all she has done." He said.

He went on and said some other things and then another hour passed with my mom saying something, my cousin, and the rest of the family. I couldn't say anything cause I knew I would choke up.

After everybody said their speeches, they did a song and a prayer and it was time to view her body for the last time.

Everybody formed a line and I picked up Gio cause he fell asleep during it. I saw my aunt and mom crying they eyes out as they saw her body, man.

When it was my turn, I looked at her body and twisted my lip. She had a good life, can't lie about that.

After that, I went outside and stayed in the group with my family.

Kimani POV

It was 2 something and the doctors said I could come in at 3 for a quick check up so I was getting dressed for that. Jacy and Gio was still at the funeral so I had the house for myself for the next hour, they probably gonna be home by the time I get back.

"Kimani." Sage said coming into my room.

"Huh." I said.

"Ima be out with Simoan today, you gonna be okay?" She asked.

"Yea I got a doctors appointment at 3 so I'm just getting ready." I said.

She nodded then left the room.

3:02pm

I sat down in the waiting room as I just filled out the paper work. I was nervous but glad to find out what's going on with me.

For the next two minutes I get called in. I got up and followed the nurse back to the doctors office.

She checked my eyes, ears and blood pressure and everything was fine.

"The doctor will be right with you." She smiled.

I nodded as she left and just sat on the bed. I thought to myself at all the possibilities that this could be and pregnancy was for sure not one of them.

10 minutes later the doctor comes in and smiles. "Hello Kimani. So what's going on with you lately?" She asked.

"So I've been throwing up for the past weeks now, my stomach has been bloated a little bit and sometimes I feel a little light headed." I saidZ

She nodded her head. "Okay can you lay down for a minute." She said.

I backed up and laid on the bed. She lifted my shirt up and started gently pressing on my stomach. She nodded "okay you can pull your shirt back down." She said

I pulled it down then sat up. "Have your breasts been feeling tender and maybe sore even?" She asked.

"Yes a little bit." I said.

"Hmm, okay well do you mind if I take a quick ultrasound?" To see more of what's going on." She continued.

"Okay.." I trailed off.

I laid back down as she got everything prepared. She lifted my shirt and put this cold gel on my belly and looked at the screen.

"Mhm, exactly what I thought." She said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well your about 9 weeks pregnant." She spoke.

I raised my eyebrows. "9 weeks?" I asked.

"Yup did you misread the signs? Nausea, bloated, tender breasts. All lead into pregnancy." She smiled.

I was in disbelief and I just stared off in space while she cleaned me up.

An hour later

I just got home and Jacy car was out front so I'm assuming he's home so I went in.

"Where was you at?" He asked while watching tv.

I closed the door and locked it.

"Oh- um. I went to the doctors." I said.

"What they say?" He asked.

I stayed quiet for a minute, "It-... it was just the stomach flu, like we said." I said.

"Ight, they give you medicine?" He asked.

"No they just gave me some home remedies, I should be good I'm a week." I said.

"Okay." He said.

"Ima be upstairs asleep, my head hurts." I spoke.

"Ight I'll be down here if you need anything." He said:

I walked up the stairs just in my head, I don't know how to tell him this, I'm embarrassed a little bit. Ima just sleep this off.