Part II: Reggie

Reggie, my co worker, was a dream. Meeting a nigga that never been arrested and finished college with no prior wives and kids seemed like a complete psychotic rarity.

He was a sweetheart, and thank God that he was straight. Cool. Beans. Bih.

For two years we hung out, and became good friends since I was a New York girl now. A bitch from G Town, Goulds, bitch. That would be me...

When I first met him, after my one night stand, he ignored me. Apparently, my one night stand with a nigga I fucked the first night I arrived in New York was Reggie's estranged twin brother, Melvin from the Bronx.

I had no idea until I complimented him at the mall about looking like a dude I'd just banged.

Reggie never spoke. In fact he snubbed me. I remember nine hundred dollars falling from his jacket as he stormed off all stuck in the face. He didn't want no gun smoke.

I made a decision to be a good samaritan.

I flagged him down.

"Bitch, I'm not my brother."

"Tone it down, boi. I thought I had the pussy."

He tucked his chin back. "Excuse me."

I waved the envelope in his face. "You dropped this money."

He checked his pockets. "Oh, shit," he said, letting down his guard. "Look, I apologize."

"No problem. I'm Melissa."

"Reggie."

We shook hands and he was bouncing deep in these tight, gushy walls in his massive bed an hour later. He made me cum four times.

He was a much better lover than his brother...

Over breakfast and pillow talk we opened up about our lives. I told him I was looking for a high paying job because New York had cut and state tax. Fourteen dollars for a pack of cigarettes?

Chile.

Did some free head come with it?

"Maybe you're in luck."

"How." Shrimp and grits. Yummy. He was a great cook.

"I'm the Hiring Manager of an insurance firm. Can you do cold calling, outbound bill collecting. Twenty-nine dollars an hour a sign on stimulus package if you pass a background check."

"I'm good. I'm a classy hood chick. I cut bitches and stomp hoes with brass knuckles and put this brass monkey on their niggas. I been to jail."

"For what, if you don't mind my asking."

"Selling pussy behind Whipple Store before they tore it down."

He choked. ..