2/5

"I wanna hold you when I'm not supposed to"

Tooru Oikawa has been her best friend since elementary school. He knew absolutely everything about her. Especially that when she said "she was okay," she really wasn't.

"[Y/n] get your ass down here!"

"Hmmmmph." There she sat in her room, her face buried in an alien plushie. She had burned the milk carton one that Kageyama had gotten her.

"We're watching Ponyo!" Her eyes opened at the sudden announcement. It was tradition to watch that movie whenever either of them felt down.

"I'm going to start it without you!" Springing out of her bed she quickly scrambled for her blanket.

"Don't you dare!" she threatened as her hand scooped up Iwa the Alien, (Tooru named him.)

Her footsteps pounded in the hallway as she caught him in the act. His finger hovered above the play button as he turned his head toward her.

"There you are!" he teased, sticking his tongue out. She threw the plushie at his head before flopping down onto the couch.

"Get the popcorn loser." Standing frozen behind her, he held the alien in his hand.

"You kept it?" he whispered, stars in his eyes.

She turned and squinted her eyes at him, "of course I kept it. My best friend gave it to me."

The light in his eyes quickly dimmed as he murmured something about gifts. Bringing the bowl from the kitchen he stood in front of the tv.

When she refused to move and make space for him, he placed the bowl on the table and pushed her. Jumping behind her, she shuffled to make room for him. Getting comfortable, he pulled at her blanket before she offered him half.

The opening credits began rolling as she felt a warm breath on her neck.

"Stop breathing."

"Then I would die."

She ignored him and continued to watch the movie. Soon his arms snaked around her waist as he pulled her against him. Her eyes widened and her breath quickened.

His face buried against her neck as he held her closer. Her eyes clenched shut. Everything about this felt wrong.

It.
Felt.
Wrong.

▸ 🎕 ┈┈┈┈ 🎕 ┈┈┈┈ 🎕 ◂

"Tobi over here!" She waved over to him as the people around her told her to shush. She quickly bowed in apology before running over to him and dragging him to the seats.

"What movie is this, again?"

Her smile shifted to a frown as she took a seat. "Are you okay Tobi? You're the one who picked this movie last night."

He blinked before shaking his head. Taking both of his hands he slapped his cheeks. "I'm sorry [y/n]."

She shook her head before beckoning him to scoot closer. When he did, she quickly pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. His face dusted with a light blush.

"You don't have to apologize to me. I know you've been shaken up since-"

He smiled softly at her understanding. Grabbing her hands, he intertwined their fingers. Looking up at the movie screen they were immersed.

The temperature of the theatre was soothing. The occasional breezes of wind that entered when the door opened hit her [s/c] skin. However it just made the boy beside her shiver.

Pulling off her coat, she draped it across his legs as a blanket. He looked at her to find her looking right back.

"Boke." he whispered, ruffling her hair.

Leaning her head on his chest, she let the warmth engulf her.