𝘟𝘐𝘐. 𝘒𝘐𝘊𝘒𝘈𝘚𝘚

TEENAGE KICKS

CHAPTER TWELVE: SIDE COMPETITION

EVEN WITH WHAT HAD occurred yesterday fresh on both of the teenager's minds, Rory still managed to show up for Daniel

EVEN WITH WHAT HAD occurred yesterday fresh on both of the teenager's minds, Rory still managed to show up for Daniel. Though much to her dismay, the first person she saw that was familiar was Ali.

Groaning softly, she crossed her arms after facing the blonde "what do you want Ali?"

"Oh, uh. Daniel forgot his black belt" Rory furrowed her eyebrows, black belt? Since when did the boy have any belt "Mr. Miyagi gave it to me to give to him, but I think he'd much rather see you before the competition"

That made Rory choke up, why was she being so nice to her? "Um, thanks I guess. Is he in the locker rooms?"

Ali nodded and pointed in the direction she had come from, holding up a 5 to show her that she had limited time left. Rory left in a hurry, pushing past a few important looking people to get the belt clutched in her hands to its rightful owner (unless it was stolen, then yikes).

"Hey, hey, save it for the ring. come on!" she heard a man yell in one of the locker spaces causing her to speed up and pass by her brother's friends "ey, there are no girls allowed in here"

Rory rolled her eyes and quirked her head to the side "eh, no habla ingles"

"Huh, whatever. I've got places to be"

The man scattered off past her leaving the grinning girl to enter the open room where Daniel was sitting "Nice to see that you've already gotten yourself into trouble"

Daniel's head shot up and he rushed to stand up "Aurora, you're here. I mean, of course, you're here, I didn't expect you to not be here or anything"

"Hey LaRusso" the boy hummed in reply "shut up"

"Got it"

The girl chuckled lightly and stepped closer to him before unfolding the black belt to hand it to him "I was told to give this to you, your designated black belt sir"

He had the same reaction as I had, muttering black belt under his breath in confusion and hurried to tie it around his waist. "thanks"

Almost immediately the belt slipped down a bit, looking a little as compared to how it was supposed to fit around your hips. Rory stepped forward and gestured to the belt at his feet, the boy nodding in embarrassment as she leaned down to pick it up.

"Did you not learn how to tie a proper knot in elementary?" she took a poke at his sheepish secret, tying the black belt tighter and looking back up at Daniel.

"Uh, I didn't really pay attention in school much"

"I can see that" They both laughed, one more nervous than the other. Rory didn't know if it was from the competition or her proximity. Going with the former, she leaned up to give him a soft peck on his cheek leaving the boy beet red. "for good luck"