𝘟. 𝘍𝘐𝘙𝘚𝘛 𝘒𝘐𝘚𝘚

TEENAGE KICKS

CHAPTER TEN: MESSY CONFESSIONS

THE LOUD CLINKING OF glasses and the chattering of people were mostly what Rory could hear at the lame fancy dinner a bunch of rich people were gathered at

THE LOUD CLINKING OF glasses and the chattering of people were mostly what Rory could hear at the lame fancy dinner a bunch of rich people were gathered at. Obviously, she didn't want to be here, but once her mom forced her into a white silk dress that made her look like she was going to church, she was doomed.

"Johnny, will you stop staring at Ali. It's making her uncomfortable" the blonde was snapped out of his staring by the moody girl beside him.

The boy rolled his eyes, leaning down slightly so no one could hear him "shut up and eat your asparagus." He laughed at the irritated look that crossed her face before turning to look back at the girl that was currently dancing happily with her father.

Ali's dad noticed her smile disappear when she caught Johnny looking at her again "trouble with Johnny?" the blonde looked down at her shoes as they continued to sway "you two lovebirds having problems"

"Dad we're not lovebirds" she perked up and looked down at the mans watch "hey dad, what time is it"

"well" he pulled up the sleeve of his expensive suit "it's about 9:40"

"um, I gotta go"

Panning back to Rory who was sat at the table, watching Johnny dance with Ali's mother, probably so he could get close to Ali without her running off, the brunette sunk lower in her seat. Mrs. Lawrence, noticing her daughter's bored face, stood up and stopped at her seat.

"Hey sweety, why don't you dance with James Kingsley? He's a nice boy"

Rory shook her head quickly at her smiling mother "I can't...my heels are digging into my feet. So much pain." Thinking she was in the clear, the girl took a sip of her champagne and sighed.

"Oh no you don't, you're going to go over to his table and ask him to dance or else no more Cindy for 2 weeks" Rory sat up straight and narrowed her eyes at the woman.

"Are you threatening me?"

"No, I'm bargaining. Now go"

The brown-eyed beaut pushed her chair back stubbornly and made her way over to his table, quickly grabbed his arm, and pulled him behind her to the dance floor where she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Without much resistance, the smirking boy placed his hands on her waist to pull her closer to him "I was waiting for you to ask someone to dance, I'm happy it was me"

"Well" she sighed and let a fake smile grace her face "you should've come over and asked"

Jamie laughed, messily shaking his head "your brother would've killed me, heck, I should probably not be dancing with you now." As if to taunt her brother (that wasn't looking by the way), he slid his hands round to the small of her back and pushed her closer to him.