kiyo mumbled a quick, "goodnight", as she continued enjoying the view of the dark night, with a few lanterns hanging above her as it dimly lit her surroundings.

"how long do you plan on eavesdropping?", kiyo called out, to which a slight rustling was heard from a nearby tree as the demon king had landed on his feet, staying beside the tree.

"I wasn't eavesdropping", sukuna scowled, making his way over to the girl as she just hummed.

"sure sure~ because it's just normal for the king of demons to be sitting on the tree of the gojō property in the middle of the night", kiyo mused.

"fine, I'll go elsewhere the—"

"I was just playing", kiyo lightly chuckled, holding onto sukuna's sleeve as he just harshly shook her hand off, sitting back down beside the priestess.

"so...where have you been?", kiyo asked, pulling satoru's haori closer to her own body as sukuna momentarily answered with silence.

"none of your business", sukuna rudely replied, to which kiyo had only temporarily closed her eyes, letting out a small smile.

"alright then", kiyo softly mumbled, feeling the autumn breeze whistle against her ears as it tangled through her luscious hair, reminding sukuna of the present that the old man had told him to give to kiyo.

"say, do you ever tie your hair up?", sukuna randomly asked, to which kiyo had unconsciously twirled a few strands of her hair.

"sometimes, but I usually never do because it's a bit too long. though I don't want to cut it either, because I think it's the only thing that reminds me that I'm still a woman, and not just a priestess", kiyo weakly smiled, to which sukuna had stood up and left, leaving kiyo utterly confused when he came back with a wooden comb.

"turn around", sukuna commanded.

"what, wh—"

"just shut up and do it", the demon king growled, to which kiyo's gaze had lingered a bit as she did as told, facing her back towards sukuna.

the pink-haired male then proceeded to cross his legs as he took a seat behind kiyo, gathering all of the girl's hair as his sharp fingernails grazed the priestess's delicate neck.

"I didn't know the great demon king was interested in my hair. what an honor", kiyo teased, to which she had only heard a click of a tongue as she felt the comb start from her scalp and brush through the ends of her silky hair.

sukuna gently — surprisingly — combed through the miko's hair that resembled to that of a silvery-white waterfall, with the ends of her locks pooling at the yōkai's ankles.

it was simply majestic.

"I didn't know you could do hair", kiyo commented, feeling sukuna's fingers grab strands of her hair and tie it with a dark ribbon — that she didn't even notice him retrieving — which stood out from the girl's pale locks.

"there's a lot that you don't know about me", sukuna said, to which kiyo could only imagine the smirk that was now plastered on the male's face.

kiyo's bangs and a few shorter strands of hair fell out of place, framing the girl's thin face, as the rest of her hair was neatly bundled up into a tight low bun.

the girl was about to touch her hairdo before sukuna had immediately slapped her hand away.

"I'm not done yet", the demon muttered, to which he had forced kiyo to sit still as he pulled out the hairpin that he picked from earlier.

smoothly sticking it in kiyo's bun, the girl was finally allowed to turn around, feeling an extra accessory in her hair.

"what is it?", kiyo asked, feeling around as she promptly pulled the metal hairpin out, surprised at how elegant it was.

a delicately white jaded magnolia flower — that has yet to fully bloom — accompanied with some intricate silver lining that transitioned into the stem, was in the hands of the awed priestess.

"why did you..."

"the old man of that one village that we visited insisted that I get it for you. if you don't like it then give it back", sukuna grumbled, extending his hand out as kiyo had placed the hairpin back in his palm.

surprised, sukuna made a sour expression as he then saw a grateful smile on the miko's face.

"place it in my hair for me again, would you?", the white-haired woman requested, to which sukuna had placed one hand around the crook of kiyo's neck, supporting her head meanwhile his other hand had stuck the hairpin back into her neat bun.

"thank you", kiyo softly murmured.

the demon king's fingers lingered just a bit longer on kiyo's soft skin, his thumb brushing against the nape of the girl's neck as kiyo had swiftly turned around, facing sukuna.

"how do I look?", the girl asked, glancing up at sukuna as the magnolia flower seemed to shimmer with the help of the beaming moonlight.

sukuna's hand unconsciously held kiyo's head in place. his rough hand smushing the girl's loose locks against her cheek as his thumb grazed beneath her right eye, with his sharp nail dangerously close.

the demon couldn't tell whether it was the dim satiny glow of the moon or the cordial look that resided deep within the girl's cerulean eyes, but the way the girl's lips had blossomed into a dainty smile, accompanied with her subtle features, triggered an internal impulse of desire.

oh, she was prettier than anything and anybody he's seen.

kiyo was the goddess of the heavens, perhaps even a fallen angel, with her wings severed because she was tainted by the likes of him.

and he liked that.

"like a woman", he finally answered, making kiyo lightly chuckle as sukuna felt the vibrations of the girl's laugh ringing through his ears.

"once again, thank you for the gift, sukuna", the priestess said, her laughter dying down.

"ryōmen", the demon said, making kiyo hum in confusion.

"call me...ryōmen", he quietly demanded.

kiyo smiled, giving the yōkai a nod.

"thank you for the present then, ryōmen".