009

╔═══════封印═══════╝

╔═══════
封印
═══════╝

"say, kiyo-san—"

"kiyo's just fine, fushiguro. there's no need for formalities", the girl smiled, continuing their walk as they checked for any suspicious activities.

"then megumi's fine too I suppose...", the dark-haired male mumbled. "but I've been meaning to ask about our first meeting...when you..."

"ah..this may come off as too nosy, but I heard from satoru about you since you were a kid", kiyo slightly smiled.

"and I heard about you sister...and I'm sorry about what happened to her".

"thank you. your concern's much appreciated", fushiguro muttered, not exactly surprised that satoru's twin knew of his step-sister being cursed and bedridden.

after all, satoru had just randomly came up to him one day. with his mom and step-mom already deceased and his dad gone elsewhere —selling him to the zenin clan — fushiguro could only rely on satoru, who had offered him and his sister a so-called better future by paying for their education.

"but to answer your question, I suppose it's because I unconsciously wanted to take you under my wing and step in as a guardian, somewhat like satoru did for you. pretty embarrassing isn't it?", kiyo lightly chuckled, to which fushiguro was pleasantly surprised.

"n-no! not at all...it's nice actually...since...well, you already know...", fushiguro mumbled, reminiscing back on the times of when he'd get reprimanded by tsumiki for getting into school fights.

kiyo only smiled even wider, glad that the boy didn't take it offensively.

"thank you", the white-haired girl said, suddenly stopping as fushiguro also heard grunts and kicking right around the corner.

rushing over, kiyo's eyes widened as she demanded the boys to stop bullying a dark-haired boy that was crouched down on the ground, reviving multiple kicks to the stomach.

"huh? and who are yo—"

an arrow had grazed the cheek of the speaker, to which the other three men had scattered away as the "leader" had nearly peed himself, stuttering as he bowed and scurried off.

"are you okay?", kiyo asked, kneeling down as she suddenly recognized that the boy was from earlier today.

"yoshino?"

"p-please don't look at me", the boy choked out, to which kiyo had turned to fushiguro, who had momentarily left to go buy some medicine and bandages.