007

╔═══════封印═══════╝

╔═══════
封印
═══════╝

it was another night spent in the forest, with crickets ceasing their chirping as they could feel sukuna's presence, even though he didn't have any killing intent as of currently.

kiyo was by another riverbank, stripped down to a white kimono that she had brought as an extra as she rolled the sleeves up and stood near the calm waterfall.

the girl breathed in as she let her face get smacked by the pouring water, feeling the rest of the liquid soak into her kimono as it stuck to her body.

kiyo had stepped out from under the waterfall momentarily as she reminisced on today's events: the innocent child, the innocent mother, and the innocent villagers.

all because of her actions, they had died for no reason.

kiyo's fists clenched as her shoulders had lifted a bit before relaxing. she wished to cry; she wished that satoru was beside her to help comfort her, but that was not her job.

kiyo's duty was to show no fear, no sadness, no emotion when in the midst of completing a task. she was to contain her irrational feelings and serve those who were in need.

yet she had failed, as guilt had etched into her heart. the girl combed through her wet hair with her nimble fingers, feeling the droplets from her curly white lashes plop onto her face.

it was like kiyo was trying to wash the sin away, though no matter how strong or fresh the water was, she had still felt dirty with her hands stained with the blood of the innocent.

the girl was so engrossed in her own thoughts that she didn't even sense sukuna step into the river, slowly inching towards her.

"still mourning over those weaklings?", sukuna suddenly asked, making kiyo turn her head around, as her back was still facing the male.

"yeah", the girl softly mumbled, about to get out of the river before sukuna's voice had resurfaced once more.

"why?"

indeed, kiyo had no true reason to pity those that had no relation to her at all. they were strangers, acquaintances at most.

but they were human lives.

they were humans who didn't deserve to die because of her own shortcomings. kiyo should've never left the three teens alone in that room. if sukuna wasn't unsealed, then the demons wouldn't have risen from the dark.