4

"That- thats not fair, you don't know me. This is- It's not your choice." I was struggling to get my words out, to keep my breathing steady. I think he sensed my fear because he quickly tried to take back his words.

"I'm sorry I'm not trying to sound like that. I just..I won't be able to sleep knowing that I left someone in an unsafe environment. I'll- I'll get you a hotel or whatever you need, but he's hurting you. Please." He looked genuinely upset? I don't understand how a stranger could care that much about someone else. I mean, I for one don't give a shit about him.

"He's not usually like that, I was being annoying. I promise he just got angry. Don't you ever lose your temper?"

He scoffs, mocking me. "Yeah, I don't fucking choke people when it happens."

I huff a frustrated breath, "I already told you it was an a-"

I jump as he grabs my wrist, and pulls me to his car. In any other situation, I would gladly get into a nice ass BMW, but this isn't the occasion. I give up on being reluctant, and just let him move me.

He opens the door for me and I get in hesitantly, remembering how scary it was- how much it hurt to have James hands around my neck. To see him switch from loving, sweet, content, to the complete opposite.

My thoughts started going a million miles per hour. I wanted. I need them to slow down. I need to breathe. I tried. It only came out in gasps. I could feel Clay tapping my leg, but I couldn't focus. My heart it's beating so fast, I need to slow down. I feel so sick. Clay turned me to face him, but I- I can't my visions blurry. I can see his lips moving, but I don't hear anything, there's no sound.

I knew I shouldn't have came out, I should've stayed home. James- Oh god. James is gonna, he's gonna come back and be so mad. I'm so stupid, I shouldn't have left. I should've- I need to get out.

I try to open the passengers side door, but it's locked. Why is it locked? He- he's trying- he is going to hurt me. Why would he lock the door? I try to pull the door harder but it won't budge. I turn to Clay, but I still can't hear anything. I start banging on the door.

Frantic.

"PLEASE. I'M SORRY- PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR."

It's a weird feeling not being able to hear yourself. I start pushing him to the side, reaching over him to hopefully get to the driver's side door.

But to no avail. He pulls me back down into my seat.

"James is going to kill me. He's going to be so mad. And it's going to be your fault."

There's hot tears, burning my face that I didn't even know were there.

Firm. There's a firm squeeze on my thigh, it hurts, but it helps. A little. Clay takes my hand, and brings it up to his chest. I can feel his heart beat, it's fast. Slower than mine, but it's fast. Slowly I'm starting to hear his words of affirmation. That helps too.

"Hey- hey. It's okay, It's fine, you're fine. Alright?"

I let out a few shuddered breaths I didn't know I was holding in.

He laughs, "Can you feel my heart, you scared me there." All I can manage is to mumble a sorry.

He also lets out a deep breath, and puts both hands on the wheel.

"You think you wanna play something? 'Aux master'." He glances toward me.

I just lean to turn the radio volume up, my head hurts too much to pick a song from my playlist.

"Or radio that's okay too." His attempt at making this any less awkward, was not really working.

"Okay so, we're gonna drive to your house, alright? We're gonna get some stuff for you, and you can come over for a little." He looks at me, asking for approval as if he hadn't already made the choice for me.

"That sound okay?"

I give a lazy nod in response.

A/N: I'll be updating a lot more, sorry. I'm just trying to get this book moving lmfaoo.