"I have a plan" Ben said addressing the group. "Myself and Y/N will be heading out on a mission to Exegol". The room gasped.

"By yourselves? I'm sorry that sounds-"

"By ourselves. We will be able to handle it" he interrupted Han. You still didn't quite understand what the deal with Exegol was. "When we complete our mission there we'll be able to take out the first order completely. But that can not be accomplished until we do what we need to do. Otherwise... there's no winning".

"You sure?" Han asked. Ben nodded. "If you insist then that's what we'll do".

"While we are gone I'll need everyone here to prepare for war. If we play our cards right, it'll be the final battle. But you'll need every ounce of man power, gun power, you name it ready. There are many star killers and it's going to take a lot to defeat them. A LOT."  Ben said.

"I don't know that we have the man power that you think we do" Han said.

"Call upon all of your allies. Every one you can reach. Tell them everything and anything they need to know if it'll encourage them to join us. I know you all well. Your people will come" he said. He turned to you and whispered down to your ear "Meet me in Leias quarters. I have something for you there. Then we'll leave for our mission".

You nodded yes up to him and turned to head for Leias quarters as he wrapped up with the meeting. You were thankful Han was there leading the discussion for the resistance because you weren't sure the rest of them would be as accepting of Ben as he was.

You stood in her room in the same spot Kylo Ren had stood before he shift into Ben. You watched out the massive window trying to picture what the road ahead had planned for you. Why Ben had wanted you to meet him here before your trip.

"I have good reason" he said as he entered to room clearly reading your thoughts again. He stood tall next to you as you were both illuminated by nothing but the light coming in from the window. He raised a hand to move your hair behind your shoulder, but as he did so your reflexes took over and you flinched. You saw the look of hurt in his eyes that he had made you ever feel that way, that he had ever hurt you. "I'm sorry. You look beautiful" he whispered.

"It's okay" you said. He shook his head.

"It's not okay. But I'm going to spend the rest of my life making it up to you. Here, can I have that?" He asked pointing to Vader's saber on your hip. You had almost forgotten it was there. You pulled it from the holster and hesitantly passed it to him. "You don't need this anymore".

"How am I supposed to fight?" You asked confused.

He tugged your arm and lead you to the counter where a large wooden box sat. He motioned for you to open it. Delicately your fingers grasped into the wooden lid and slowly you pulled it open revealing two light sabers. You looked at him curiously and he pointed to the one he wanted you to take.

As soon as your fingers touched it images of the sabers life flashed before your eyes. Images of Leia training with her brother Luke. You watched marveling at the site of two of the greatest Jedi's in the galaxy as they battled.

"Leias saber..." you whispered.

"And this one is Luke's" he said as he pulled it from the box. "They both surrendered them and hoped that they would be picked up one day by someone who would finish their journey. I believe WE are going to finish this journey. Together."

When you both held onto the sabers it felt like the force was cheering. You both had found the right path, and the sabers found their home. You could see hope and light filling Ben too. No longer did he look weak or broken down. He looked strong. Like the leader he was meant to be.