Chapter Eleven

"What's going on?" Both you and Poe chimed together.

"It's not good... they.. they said-"

"They're attacking us in the morning. It's only a few hours away" Leia finished speaking for Rose and gave her a nod. Rose was sitting clutching her face in her hands tears rolling down her cheeks.

"That gives us no time to prepare!" Poe began to panic. "Now what?!" He turned to you.

You took a moment to think and pursed your lips. All eyes trained on you expectant of some grand idea. Truth was you didn't have one.

"Poe get everyone that's able ready to fight. There's no time to stand and argue back and forth. We at least have to get this step started and now" you demanded at him predicting him to fire back with some witty remark. Thankfully he didn't try, just nodded and ran out of the room.

"So what's your plan?" Leia eyed you.

"I need to talk to someone..." you looked down at your ring. "Ready to see your son again?"

You could almost see a tear form in her eye. You turned quickly walking to the jungle. You hoped you'd have the strength to do this and that he'd be able to help.

You found an empty quiet place with a Boulder sitting peacefully in an opening. It reminded you of your training with Leia, and with Luke. Just as before you climbed on top and sat in meditations pose.

Slowly you began to reach out using everything you had. Vibrations sent humming into the universe as it searched for him. Your eyes darted open.

You saw him sitting reading a book. He hadn't noticed you yet.

"Hello Ben" you watched as his eyes shot up and met yours.

"Little dove." He smiled and leaned forward. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I need you" you said.

"I need you too" he smirked.

"Not like that. WE need you."

He shook his head. "No. I'm not helping them anymore than I have. That's not how this works" his lip began to twitch in anger.

"Ben... they're attacking in just a few hours. That doesn't leave us a whole lot of time to do anything. They simply don't have enough man power here. We need you. How far away are you?" You said.

He didn't answer just raised his eyebrow and smirked.

"That's what I figured. You're close by aren't you?" You laughed.

"I didn't give you the ring just to look pretty" he leaned forward.

"Please Ben. Help us. I promise I'll make it worth your while. Remember what I said. If they destroy the resistance.... you're next".

"I'll be there shortly" he stood and disappeared. You collapsed down on the rock feeling totally drained. You laid there, eyes trained on the sky waiting to see Kylos ship enter any moment. When it finally did you rushed to where you had landed yours to greet him.

He climbed out his cape flying behind him and his mask on. You sighed wishing he hadn't worn it. His strong towering body stalking to you. Poe was nearby and as soon as Kylo noticed him he swept you into his arm holding your waist in a tight grip.

"I've got fighters waiting up there for whoever it is. I'm staying down here to protect you" he growled mechanically into your ear.

"Do you have to wear that thing?" You asked.

"Yes." Though you couldn't see it, you knew he was smiling.

Then you both sensed it. Leia was standing behind you both. He turned slowly to face his mother and you followed him.