✰ItS RaInIng MoNeY✰

Start from the beginning

Of course, the house was divided into two groups but the connections had their own judgements and opinions about the rest of us. And we couldn't force our opinion on them. If Shehbaz wanted to play for even Paras, he was in his own rights to do so.

I stuffed my bag of money into my coat, making me look like Santa Claus but that helped. As soon as the buzzer rang, everyone was reaching for their bags and I'd already planted my feet on the ladder. Mahira was the closest to the ladder and was also about to climb onto it.

"Sorry," I mumbled, shoving past her and climbing as fast as I can. The rules were that we couldn't keep both our feet on the same bar and we shouldn't stay on the ladder for more than a minute. So I fastened my pace, I used to be a sports captain after all. My generous weight had never been a barrier.

I heard Rashami and Vishal hooting behind me as I reached the highest point, streaks of sunlight caressing my skin as I reached for the bag in my coat. I noticed Devoleena and Shefali shoving each other and I emptied my bag in the place where my brother was standing with Himanshi.

The top of the surface bore a bucket of cold water that I could upturn to distract a rival connection.

I peered down and noticed the miniature versions of the connections, hoarding money into their arms as quickly as possible. Akash seemed to be skillfully stuffing his pocket with it which meant he would be having a shitload of money so I pulled the bucket on the lever towards me and upturned it right above him meaning to throw him off guard. Of course, he was a sweet banda and everything but right now he is playing as Mahira's brother.

He gasped as the water slashed over his head and leaving him astounded for a second and he glanced up at the source and I waved. He pushed his wet hair off his shoulder and shook his head, filling his pockets with notes again and the buzzer sounded which means everyone was to stop collecting and choose a locker to fill.

Mine or Sid's.

"Galat kiya aap ne," Akash said, shaking his head with a wry smile.

I laughed aware that everyone was watching from the box-shaped windows on the wall. "Apse koi shikhayat nahi mujhe.Bas game ke liye, sorry."

My distraction didn't work anyway.He had the most number of notes with him.

"Phir bhi galat kiya," he said, glancing up at me shyly and I suddenly felt as if I were Rapunzel on the tower and he was some kind of prince, the way he stalked towards the wall and glanced up at me. I giggled. 

"Sach mey koi shikhayat nahi hai aapko ji?"

"Bilkul nahi," I said, reaching down to give an air high five because I was too far above him. I almost didn't notice the flicker of change in his expression and the sun was glaring directly at me.

"Mujhe bhi nahi," he said, picking up the dart and aiming it directly at my board.

"Woahhh!" I cheered clearly not expecting this and as he gave me a flying kiss. I heard Arti awwing behind me as I pretended to catch it and giggled.

He faced us: "Waise mujhe dono pasand hai lekin... Mujhe lagta hai ki Shehnaz dil ki bohot acchi hai, sab ke saath ghul milkaar rehti hai, entertain bhi karti hai saath saath mey game bhi apne hisab se khelti hai toh.... Haan, bas issiliye," he offered one last smile before he turned and emptied his pockets into the locker. Shehbaz immediately glued himself to the locker in the name of defence and Kunal joined him.

Only the next person with the most amount of money could fill the lockers which was the Great Kashmera Shah who made an obvious choice-Sid. I stepped down the ladder, still in disbelief of what Akash had done.