•|46|•

Taehee was peacefully placing the batter in the oven; however it was short lived as a heavy-panting Jaemin rushed through the house doors dropping all the bags in his hands on the kitchen counter and cupping his girlfriends' cheeks.

"Are you okay?"
She smiled astonishingly but put her hands over his .

"Yeah I'm fine baby. What's wrong?"
"The door was opened."
"And....?"

"There are no bodyguards outside. There's weapons in the backyard and no trace of anybody."

She backed away immediately and ran outside.

"KANG MIRAE!"

Jaemin followed and his eyes widened. "Wait....she was outside?"

"YES! YES I THOUGHT IT WAS YOU WHO RANG THE DOOR BELL and she went to open it HOLY SHIT WHERE IS SHE ?!?!"

Jae wrapped his arms around Taehee telling her to calm down.

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN-.."

"TAEHEE you are clearly having a panic attack. Stop talking and breathe."

She stopped immediately and took Jae with her to tell Jeno everything.

💥☄️⚡️✨🔥🌪💥⚡️⚡️🔥🌪💥☄️

Prank. This was the first thought and word that came inside Jeno's head the moment they told him that Mirae is missing. Maybe that's why Taehee had called her earlier to plan out everything. However, the tears in Taehee's eyes and the fear in Jae's made him think otherwise.

Anger was obviously pumping though his entire body cell but what was most visible was the fear. One of the most feared gang leaders was afraid that his heart was going to be tortured or even worse, killed. His life was being snatched away from him. But Lee Jeno isn't somebody to give up. He'd make sure to rip out any eye or hand that touched what's his.

For a moment when he heard that MiMi was missing, he even convinced that he should've never  brought her into his world. This was bound to happen. His rivals were bound to know about his biggest weakness.

He practically flew outside and looked for any sort of weapon or a mistake that his rivals must've made while entering his mansion.

"Kindly remind me to appoint better bodyguards who can do their job." It was almost impossible for Jaemin to control his anger.

"Jeno. There is a rifle in the backyard." Jaemin told him.

As soon as Jeno saw the rifle, his eyes grew cold, fear long gone; now replaced with revenge and blood.

"Remington 700. Build with suppressors. Obviously we couldn't hear anything. HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? I couldn't save the girl I love the most. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME"

"Jeno. Stop. It has silencers. Obviously you couldn't know that people were being killed."

"J-jeno..look.." Taehee pointed towards the small label near the trigger of the weapon.

"What is it? WHAT DOES IT SAY?" Jaemin asked impatiently.

"Pinks.."

Jaemin's eyes grew wide with realisation whereas Taehee was trying to figure out everything in the midst of her rushing heart.

However, Jeno was surprisingly quiet for a few moments. His eyes narrowed, he lifted the rifle and went closer to Jaemin.