11 : 𝖲𝗎𝖽𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝖲𝗁𝗂𝖿𝗍

Start from the beginning

"Um.. Yes.." I frowned. "You can just wear your glasses-"

"These are more convenient, come on. Plus, I look prettier without those annoying things."

Her red, glossy lips flashed me a grin. I forced a smile back before she tapped my cheek goodbye and exited the apartment. My gaze dropped to the counter top. My shoulders lowered in disappointment.

Please, don't get me wrong. I'm glad that Y/N had learned to figure herself out but with all these things changing, I just.. Don't feel right.

"Am I being selfish..?" I asked myself. "Am I a killjoy..?"

I heaved the plate of pancakes up to the fridge. Darn it, I can't even eat. My appetite just drops the moment she walks out that door every single morning. I wish I could cuddle with her all day, watch good old classics, listen to her tapes, just like the old times.

"Will she get mad if I follow her..?"

Screw it..

I don't even have a phone to begin with..

I rushed to the wardrobe to change. I want to be with Y/N. I can't stay home again without her. I need to figure out what's going on. My feet took me out the second I slipped into a sweater. The elevator won't open yet; probably because Y/N is heading ground floor in it. So I took the stairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh dear.."

I found myself squeezing through a tough crowd, trying to follow Y/N's figure as she calmly walked the pavement. I tiptoed to catch glimpse of her outfit. There she was, standing by a traffic sign as the lights were still green.

"Y/N!" I waved a hand.

She didn't hear me. She was busy fiddling with her phone. Suddenly, a guy approached her. Y/N smiled and leaned to the post as the guy shoved his face in his hoodie pockets. When I got closer, I caught hint about their conversation.

"So, you're waiting for a friend?"

"Yep," she looked elsewhere. "She's about to be here in a minute."

"Really?" He smirked. "For a girl like you, I wouldn't expect you'd be here alone."

"As I've said, I'm about to be with my friend. I'm not alone."

"Ah," he chuckled. "Got a guy?"

"Excuse me?"

"Like you know," he shrugged. "Boyfriend or somethin'."

"Oh, yes. I have."

"Aw shit," he bit his lip. "That sucks, I kinda want your number. You don't mind, do you?"

"I do." Y/N looked up at him. "You're trying to score, aren't you?"