Humdard

As the sunlight poured on her face, she opened her eyes. But feeling the heaviness on her eyelids, she decided to close her eyes again and not to get up for atleast a few minutes.

But the moment she closed her eyes, happenings of previous night flooded her mind and her eyes snapped open.

She got up immediately and looked beside her slowly. She frowned on not finding him there. And there were no wrinkles on his side, proving that he did not come into the room last night.

'Why didn't he come into the room? Is he angry with her? Is he okay?' her frown deepened as these thoughts came into her mind.

Feeling guilty, she cupped her face and unknown to her, tears rolled down her cheeks. Why all this happening? Everything was fine three days ago. She was happily spending her life with him but now it looks like everything is scattered. It's all because of her only.

Wiping her tears abruptly, she got up from the bed as she wants to see if he is alright. She needs to talk and fix everything.

-

After completing the morning Arti with Kaka, she gave him Arti and bent down to seek his blessings.

Taking his blessings, she was about to go check on her Pati babu, when he called her and asked, "Bahu, Anirudh nahi utha abhi tak?"

Having no answer to his question, she smiled nervously, while he spoke again, "Tumhe toh pata hai na, gaanv ke bahar jo Mandir hai, usme Maha Pandit ji huye hain. Toh hum chahte hain ke tum dono bhi wahan jayo aur unka aashirvad lo"

"Lekin Kaka Sasur ji, Pati babu..." she tried to speak but she got interrupted,

"Han hum jante hain, Anirudh nahi manta hai inn cheejo ko. Lekin hum yeh bhi jante hain, agar tum usko kahogi toh woh mana nahi krega. Kyunki woh tumhara kaha kabhi nahi taalta hai" he said smiling while she nodded absentmindedly because her mind was occupied by his thoughts only.

"Bahu? Tum sun rahi ho na?" he spoke again when he saw her lost.

"Ji...ji Kaka Sasur ji, main Pati babu ko bata dungi" saying this, she made her way towards study. But her steps came to halt when he interrupted her again and asked her to complete the morning chorus.

She half-heartedly went to the kitchen to make breakfast. While Kaka shook his head and silently prays to Dugga Maa to make everything right between them.

-

Done with making breakfast, she was arranging the dining table while her eyes were fixed on the study door only. The thoughts 'Why hasn't he come out yet? Is he all right? Is he still angry with her?' worrying her even more.

Putting her hand on her heart, she mumbled his name in anxiety and made her way towards study.

"Pati babu" she called him as soon as she reached there.

She frowned when she saw the condition of study. Everything was scattered near the table and he was nowhere to be seen.

'May be he have gone from the stairs of the study to the room' with that thought, she started cleaning the room while thinking this is definitely the result of his anger at her. She should talk to him and apologize for her behavior before it is too late.

Done with everything, she was about to go out, but her eyes widened in horror when she saw him sleeping on the floor in a sitting position near the door with an injured hand.

"Pati babu" she shouted his name and rushed to him and cupped his face, causing him to wake up from sleep.

"Bon..di..ta" he said struggling to open his eyes.