"I know, I just-"

"No. No, you don't know," she spoke firmly. "You are clearly not responsible enough to be allowed free reign on the internet."

"Wait-"

"No. You have lost your computer privileges. I truly thought you would have known better, d/n. I'm disappointed. We're disappointed." His father didn't say anything from the living room, but he knew that he would say the same if he did.

His mind scrambled for an excuse. Any reason to stop them.

"What about school? All the classes are online now," he tried to reason. They wouldn't prevent him from attending school. Maybe he could damage control the situation.

"You'll have to be supervised. You clearly can't be trusted. We thought you were better than this."

He tried to argue again but it was too late. She had made up her mind. He was sent to his room and ran up without further complaint.

They knew about Tommy.

Well, they thought they knew about him that is. And that was bad enough.

He felt tears come to his eyes as the panic built up.

No, no, he had to stay calm. At least they hadn't thought to take his phone. Yet.

He tucked it under his pillow. Hopefully keeping it out of sight would keep it out of their minds.

He quickly shut down his computer before anyone came up. At the very least, they didn't know the password, so he knew they wouldn't figure out any more than they already knew.

He couldn't believe he blew it. His one shot. His one chance to have some form of relief from this bullshit.

Why did it have to be delivered early?

Why did his parents have to be so protective?

And what was he going to tell Tommy and the others?

A few hours later he decided he needed to tell them. His brain was still swimming with self-loathing thoughts and regrets, but he needed to say something. He already had a handful of messages he had yet to respond to.

He decided to post in the gc before going directly to Tommy or Tubbo. He saw a message in the chat from Wilbur.

Wilbur: Announcing the results of the elections in a few days

Wilbur: Be there

He cringed before typing a response.

O/N: I can't

O/N: Sorry

Wilbur: You ok?

Of course he would be worried. Y/n smiled sadly.

O/N: Yeah

He needed to give a reason. If he did so before asked he would be questioned less.

But he couldn't give the real reason.

O/N: Computer broke

Wilbur: Understandable

JSchlatt: That disqualifies you as vice president

Quackity: Sucks to suck

Tommy: I'm the Vice President stupid

O/N: Good try Shatt

His phone dinged. A message from Tommy.

Virus?

Not on the computer. Then again some people would think he was. A virus on society that is. He sighed. He couldn't make jokes like that yet. He was still in the closet.

Kind of

What kind of sites were you on?

Y/n ignored Tommy's comment and continued on.

I'll make your stream

I know it won't be the same but I'll still be there

You can watch us win the election live

Hell yeah

He closed out of the app and stared blankly at the floor. This was not the plan.

What was he going to do? He had an audience now, what was he going to tell them? just that his computer broke? That his computer stayed broken for... however long it took to convince his parents?

He knew things could be much worse. He wondered if it would have been better or worse if his parents had known what it actually was.

Maybe he could fake his own death. Leave all of the pressures, the expectations, the responsibility of it all. Maybe people would forget about him. He'd only been out there for a few months. He couldn't possibly be all that memorable.

No, that was a stupid plan and wouldn't work. He bit his lip, tapping his foot on the floor anxiously. He would say what he needed to. He would get through this. He would be fine. He wouldn't tell the internet his parents were the reason he was leaving. He wouldn't tell his friends he wasn't a girl. He wouldn't tell anyone anything.

No one had to know.

((I apologize for the way things are going, and will continue to go, downhill. I'm an angsty author at heart. Give me like 5-10 more chapters of ups and downs but mostly downs and then I promise it'll get better again <3))

((Plus uh... that surprise I mentioned in a previous chapter?))

((Next week))