𝐒𝐢𝐱

A/N: long live the great king <3 this chapter's long but i hope you like it

Daichi knocked on your door quickly, trying to calm his nerves. Was he overthinking things? He started fiddling with his clothes. Was he dressed too casually for a... d-date...? Just the thought of it made his hands sweat slightly. You had been friends with him all throughout high school, so why did his heart thump like crazy whenever you smiled at him?

In a matter of seconds, the door was swung open wildly. You stood there with a giant grin on your face, in the middle of getting dressed. Your shirt was barely done up and your pants weren't even zipped up. Daichi gulped and immediately averted his gaze. Calm down, calm down, calm down!

"Sorry, Daichi, I lost track of the time. Here, come in! I won't be long!" you welcomed, opening the door for him and quickly running off, your belt buckle jingling as you quickly went to fix your appearance. "Help yourself to a drink in the fridge! I've got some delicious water!" you called from your bedroom. Daichi chuckled and sat in the living room, observing your home as he waited.

Daichi observed the photos that hung on the wall and the way your entire home was decorated. It was quite small, perhaps too small for a family. He looked at the dishes that were drying off in the rack. There was only one. Your fridge wasn't particularly large either. Did you live alone?

"Okay! I'm ready!" you exclaimed, appearing in the living room, finally spruced up. You were dressed to impress, though what you wore was nothing fancy. You had managed to make a cheap outfit look incredibly expensive. Daichi stood up and turned around, smiling softly at you.

"Ooh, you look great, [F/N]! All ready?" he asked, straightening up his jacket. You nodded and grabbed your keys and wallet. You led Daichi to the entrance and slipped on your shoes. You left the house and locked up, shoving the keys into your pocket. "Come on, our booking is at 6:30," he reminded, slowly beginning to walk with you.

"Maaaan, I'm starving!" you whined, arriving with Daichi at the restaurant within 10 minutes. You and Daichi entered and were brought to your table that Daichi had reserved. There wasn't a particular reason to reserve since the place wasn't too busy, but Daichi had made sure to pick out a nice seat for the two of you.

"Here, it's on me, so order as much as you'd like," Daichi insisted as he already began ordering his food. You started ordering the cheapest things on the menu, from sides to snacks that could hardly be considered a meal. Daichi froze and wanted to smack you for doing so. Daichi made sure to order you real food to fill your stomach. "Aha, I told you, [F/N], I'm paying, so please eat properly."

Daichi thought about the way you went about ordering food. Ordering a portion this large, the lone dish in the rack, the small fridge, tiny house, perhaps you were living alone. Just as you were about to thank him, you heard the door open and two more familiar voices.

"Eh? [F/N]? You're cheating on me with another captain?!"

Oh, no. Slowly looking over, you saw Oikawa and Iwaizumi enter the restaurant. Iwaizumi stood casually with his hands in his pockets, while Oikawa slouched over, hands slightly outstretched and hands grabby, his expression that of a hurt puppy.

Daichi's eyes widened and then turned flat, like he had just heard the most terrible noise in his life. C-Cheating? Were you two dating?!

You chuckled awkwardly as the two approached.

"H-Hey, Toru. Hello, Hajime," you greeted gently, waving at them. Iwaizumi raised a brow at Oikawa and smacked him.

"How is it cheating if you were never together in the first place?" he grumbled, pinching his ear and dragging him away. Oikawa whined and pushed Iwaizumi away.