Jennie ☆ I've Got You

Start from the beginning

"I know we'll probably be tired after filming, but maybe once we get back here we can go down to the pool to unwind? I saw the spa, too; it looked really nice." At Rosé's innocent suggestion, you soon find your heart beginning to palpitate. Anything but that, you think to yourself, your mind already beginning to betray you with intrusive thoughts.

You can't blame her for proposing the idea – after all, it's a beautiful day outside, and the weather is perfect for swimming. But the problem lies deeper: you've never told any of them – including Jennie – about your fear of the water (swimming, to be exact). Even thinking of it makes you sick to your stomach, and you suddenly feel a bit overwhelmed.

"I'm gonna run to the restroom, okay? Be right back."

As you stand, Jennie asks if you want her to tag along – had she noticed your uneasiness? With a quick squeeze to her hand, you assure her that you'll be fine, and you begin your walk.

Once in the safety of the bathroom, you take a deep breath to steady yourself as your hands grip the marble surface of the countertop. Memories of that fateful summer day come flooding in, and you're unable to push them away any longer.

It was a gorgeous day, the sun high up in the sky, shedding its heat down on everything below. Your family had decided to spend the day outside, grilling and swimming, the usual summer traditions that you held every year.

Delicious smells carried over from the food being cooked by your father, and you shouted praise to him from across the yard.

"Smells good, pops!"

He yelled a thank you back, and your brother got your attention from his place beside you.

"Wanna race in the pool?"

"You're on, loser, but don't cry when I beat you!" You throw him a smug look, and laugh when he shoves you.

"Yeah yeah, you're going down!" He exclaims as he darts past you, getting a head start to the pool.

"Not fair!" You run after him and jump in, ready to wrestle him and make things even.

The water is cool against your skin, working in perfect contrast with the beams of sun shining down. You're faced with a rude awakening, however, as you come back up to the surface: your brother is waiting on you, and he pounces.

In the beginning, the wrestling match is quite fun; the two of you can't contain your laughter as you push each other around, splashing water at one another. In no time, though, things take a tragic turn; with one particularly hard shove, you're sent under, falling down the slope of the pool and towards the deep end. The slippery surface of the liner underneath your feet offers no grip, and soon you find yourself struggling for even a breath of air.

Panic begins to spread throughout your body as you feel yourself losing control; oblivious to the gravity of the situation, your brother is still giggling – he has no idea what's actually happening. With each urgent thrash, you're sent a little further away, out of reach of your brother.

Shortly after he realizes you aren't messing around, he attempts to help you. Seeing as how he's only a couple years older and just a few inches taller than you, he'd also be struggling in the deep end. He soon discovers this fact as he reaches for you, only to almost go under himself. He knows he has to think fast and reassess his plan of action, so he jumps out of the pool and runs further down, closer to where you are.

"Mom! Dad! Help," he yells out, searching for something to throw to you. He spots a floatie nearby, and tosses it into the water near you. Unsure of if you can even really make out what he's saying, he still tells you to grab it.