[Volume 1] Chapter 27 - Pain

Black tendrils shot out from behind the pope, aimed right for them. Three of them headed for the kneeling Yaketsuku, Sakura saw this and immediately jumped in front of her master. She raised her blades. Two black tendrils were deflected by Sakura's blades, but the third pierced right through Sakura's abdomen. 

Sakura opened her mouth, but no words came out, instead, blood came flowing out.

"SAKURA!" 

Her body hit the ground with a thump, and Yaketsuku's outstretched hand was drenched in blood. 

Hikari raised her head in her dragon form, and roared. Yaketsuku's eyes were wide with shock, and he couldn't move, as if he was paralyzed. As Yaketsuku realised the full truth of what had happened, he lowered his head and cried. 

Images of his life after Sakura came into it flashed past his eyes. 

Yaketsuku-sama!

Thank you for saving me, Yaketsuku-sama!

Are you alright, Yaketsuku-sama?

Yaketsuku sobbed. He hated himself for not being able to protect his loved when it counted the most. He hated himself, for killing Sakura. Her blood was on his hands. If he hadn't been exhausted, she wouldn't have died. I- I killed her...

Sakura, opened her eyes a little, and put her bloodied hand on her Master's hand. "It'll be alright." She murmured. Yaketsuku turned to look at her. 

"W-What will?" 

"... Everything."

The fire in Sakura's beautiful eyes finally went out. 

Yaketsuku broke. He stared at Sakura's body, her cute fox ears, her fluffy tail, and the huge hole in the middle of her stomach. I was supposed to protect you, right?

So that means I failed.

A loud laugh cut through the silence. "Hahahahah, your puny demihuman slave is dead after one hit from me! I hope you'd last longer though, I want to have fun too!" 

Yaketsuku looked up, and stared at the pope. He kept staring, even after the pope had charged up a powerful spell, and Naofumi was up on his feet, creating several layers of shields to defend them with. "Yaketsuku, get up!"

Yaketsuku looked at Naofumi, not understanding. at this moment, Hikari turned into a little girl, and ran to hug him. "Papa!" Yaketsuku looked at her, and the light that had faded from his eyes came back a little. He remembered that he had other things to protect, but he couldn't let go of Sakura. 

A bright light blasted the shields, and slowly, they broke, one by one, until the only thing protecting them was Naofumi himself. The bright light faded, and Naofumi was blasted back, unconscious. 

"Naofumi-sama!" Screamed Raphtalia as tears appeared in her eyes. "Master!" Shouted Filo. 

Yaketsuku stood up. The pope looked at him, surprised. "Oh, you can still stand? Looks like I may have fun after all!" 

"You will not hurt them."

"What?"

"YOU WILL NOT HURT THEM!"

A shining magic circle surrounded Yaketsuku, and two bright balls of light floated from the gem in his hammer. One floated towards the unconscious Naofumi, and the other headed for Sakura's body. 

The lights disappeared as soon as they entered the bodies. Sakura and Naofumi started floating. 

Forced unlock - Heavenly Series

Sakura slumped down on the ground, unconscious, but alive. Naofumi woke up, and landed on his feet, staring at Yaketsuku in shock. Yaketsuku was enveloped in golden armour. He had a mask purely consisting of a golden line where his eyes should be and white plating on his face. 

The armour clanked as he straightened up.

"You."

Yaketsuku really suffered in my hands, and I'm sorry about that, but that's just the way I want it to be. ;) I hope all of you are ready for what comes next! Anyway, hope you enjoyed, and Peace Out!

P.S. I really didn't want Sakura to suffer, but she had to for the greater good.