•chapter 20•

En başından başla

"Well, Clara, I hope to see you around soon. Have a nice day." Asher gave me a nod and another smile, before continuing his run. The space between my eyes furrowed as I watched Asher. That sure was some weird interaction. 

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º 

I didn't know where to go. 

I had been wandering the streets for a few hours now, aimlessly walking to random places. Occasionally, convincing people to buy me food or give free food to me. And be "convince" I mean compel. 

I mean, there wasn't a single hotel or motel around in this tiny town. I basically was homeless, which meant I had absolutely no place to crash. I also sure as hell am not going to sleep on the ground tonight. 

That left me with my last, most fitting option. I was going to go Klaus-style. And by that, I meant breaking into a random person's house, compel them into letting me stay, and then compelling them to forget everything that had just happened in the morning. 

I wandered into the first neighborhood that I saw, and steered my way onto the porch of the first house. The neighborhood was pretty small, like the town it was in. The house I was now standing in front of, and planning to break into, was a pretty 2 story house. The two slabs of wood on the top of the house, caved into each other to form a triangular roof. It was, a pretty average house to be fair. Tan colored walls, and plain white curtains to cover the windows. It was honestly pretty aesthetic. 

Without another thought, I aimed my fist to the window and crashed into it with full force, causing the glass to break into a million pieces. The hole I had punched wasn't too big, but it was enough to fit my petite self into. 

After crawling through the hole I had punched in, ignoring the bloody scars and cuts that had formed all over me, I looked around the house. 

From the inside, the house seemed to be empty. Not a single person in my line of sight. But my hearing was telling me something different. The fast beating of 2 hearts caught my attention. The raggedy breathing and pulsing was coming from the room across from the living room. I smirked. It was fun when you had so much power over others. 

I slowly crept my way over to the room, making sure to make loud enough noises for them to hear. Just to give them a tad more fear in their system. 

Their breathing and heart beat quickened to an impossible rate as my footsteps got closer. Yeah, I was definitely enjoying this too much. Just when I was standing in front of the door, I swung the door open in one motion. 

I didn't exactly know what or who I was expecting to be behind that door, but whoever it was, It definitely wasn't the person that was now cowering in the room.  

"Asher?!" 

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º 

"You will let me stay here tonight and you will not be scared. You will not question what happened or what I did and will forget how I entered your house. For all you know, you invited me over to stay." I let my eye contact linger for a few seconds on Asher's emerald green eyes, but quickly broke it off. 

I had.....dealt with the whole situation. I will be honest, this man put up a good fight. 

The woman next to him, seemed to be his sister. By the time I had entered the room, her face was already puffy and red with fat tears streaming down her face. I had basically said the same thing I said to Asher when I compelled him. 

"Well. That was fun wasn't it." I smiled sweetly at the two as I leaned back into the chair behind me. 

"Oh hi Clara!" Asher called out almost immediately after the compulsion had sunk in. 

"Hi Asher! Thank you so much for inviting me to stay! It's such an honor!" I feigned surprise to keep up the act. I noticeably shifted my gaze to his sister and faked a confused expression. 

"Oh, this is my sister, Allie" Asher joyfully replied and Allie stuck her hand out for me to shake, which I did. Asher turned around to the fridge and started rummaging for some food. 

"Wow, your parents really do have a think for A names don't they." I chuckled slightly. Asher and Allie's eyes suddenly darkened slightly. Asher's body stiffened a bit at the mention of their parents. 

Parents? Where were their parents? I mean, Asher couldn't  be older than 17 and Allie's like what, 13? It was well after work hours, no matter what job you had. Maybe they were on vacation or something. Business trip? 

I didn't want to pry into their personal life. I knew it was wrong. But once again, curiosity got the best of me. 

"Where are your parents?" I asked. Don't worry guys, I wasn't compelling them. 

"Their not here." Asher replied curtly. 

Well that's obvious. Before I could say another word that would make the tension in this room strong, I bit my tongue to prevent the words from coming out. 

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º 

A/N: I didn't really know how to end this chapter so I sorta finished it at an awkward spot, buttt yeah. How awkward. 

Word Count: 1651