•chapter 15•

"Clara wait!" I whipped my head back at the sound of my name being called. I was heading down to Transfiguration, the third class of the day after Potions. Potions basically consisted of me not listening to Snape, and Malfoy trying to make awkward small talk with me that usually ended with awkward silence. I had bolted out of Potions the second the bell signaled the end of class. I really really hated that place.

I turned back from my pathway to Transfiguration to see Malfoy running towards me. I wrinkled my forehead at the odd sight. Malfoy running to me. wow. I chuckled to myself.

"What's up?" I asked once he caught up to me, now walking side by side.

"I love your family!" Malfoy immediately blurted out. I stopped in my tracks with a confused look, clearly taken aback. He also looked pretty shocked at what had just came out of his own mouth.

"huh?"

"Um, I didnt mean to insult your family like that in the common room. It was wrong and pretty idiotic of me and that probably would make you question my sincerity when i said I wanted to get to know you, but I promise I was being and I guess still am being perfectly sincere. I really do want to get to know you. The last attempt probably wasn't the best, but maybe you could give me another chance? Look I didnt mean to insult your family like that is just sort of came out and-"

"Ok ok reel it back in. If this is your way of apologizing, you really suck ass at it. It's fine." I quickly cut Malfoy off from rambling on and sent him a soft look. He raised his eyebrows slightly, looking unsure.

"I forgive you ok?" I added just to satisfy him.

"Um, do you maybe wanna go out for a butter beer or something?'

"uh sure I guess?" It came out as more of a question than a definitive answer.

"It's ok if you don't want!" Malfoy immediately added after seeing my unsureness.

"Wow Malfoy. Who knew you were such a softie." I teased slightly, nudging him in the ribs.

"Shut up. Do you?"

"Yes! Ok? After school. Now, if you excuse me, I need to get to class. So do you by the way." I lightly pushed past him and made my way to our next class, Herbology.

I didnt even notice the smile that had formed on my lips. It was quite scary.

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º

"IT'S NOT A DATE OH MY GOD!" I screamed out loud to Riley who was sitting on my bed, laughing.

"IT SO IS!" Riley exclaimed and flopped back onto my bed.

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP, I WONT LET YOU HELP ME DRESS!"

"OK OK! FINE! I GIVE UP!" Riley bolted upwards, raising both her arms, palms out, in surrender.

"Thank you! Now should I wear the black one or the red one?" I held up a cropped red sweater and a casual laced black dress for Riley to decide between.

"umm, the red sweater and those jeans you have. You know, the mom jeans? Are those what muggles call them?"

"Ok, but isn't that basic!???" I stressed, wringing my hands with stress.

"SEE! THIS HAS TO BE A DATE! YOU WOULDNT BE SO WORKED UP IF IT WASNT!" Riley flailed her arms around with excitement. That excitement, however, was quickly cut short when I threw my pillow at her.

"Please just help me decideeeee!" I whined, stomping my feet lightly.

"Ok fine umm... where the black dress. It's casual, but fancy enough for a date."