•chapter 6•

I trudged back to my room after the tragic conversation with Hope and Davina.

"Pure-blood." I said dully and the door to the Slytherin common room swung open. Yes, I know, that was the Slytherin password. Disgusting right?

My eyes darted around the room and quickly landed on a familiar face. Blondie.

"What are you doing?" I asked, annoyed.

"I could ask you the same thing?" He replied with a smirk that made me want to rip his head off.

"I'm in Slytherin. I basically live here." I clenched my jaw, totally about to break.

"As do I. Now, care to answer why you missed all classes after herbology?" He stood up as he said this, inching closer to me.

"It's none of your business." I tried pushing my way past him but was quickly blocked as he side stepped in front of me.

"Get away from me." I said through my teeth. My anger was building up. Fire sent shivers through veins.

Candles. Candles. I briefly remember dad telling me to imagine blowing out a candle whenever I was angry. I desperately conjured a candle in my head, profusely breathing and out.

"No." He answered, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Not until you tell me where you were, love." Draco added, his smirk developed into a sadistic smile when he said 'love'.

My mind was spinning. The candle disappeared from in front of me. No no no. Take deep breaths. Take deep breaths. DAMN IT!

"I said GET AWAY FROM ME!" I lost it. My eyes burned bright yellow and black veins developed under my eyes. I tried taking deep breaths, but nothing helped. I looked over Malfoy, who had immediately ran behind the couch, to see the pure terror and panic in his eyes as he coward.

My insides were burning. It felt like every nerve in my body was a torch on fire and would stop at nothing to be thrown at everything in my sight. I couldn't stop it.

I seethed through my teeth, livid. At this point, crowds had developed outside the common room. The gaggles of everybody, whispering and gossiping made me feel every violent emotion in my body 10 times harder.

*Flashback*

"I want you to look up to the ceiling and take long deep breaths. Think of it like a wonderful candle. What do you want your candle to smell like sweetheart?" My dad was crouched in front of me, watching my eyes burn yellow with anger.

"Lavenders." I said, whilst clenching my fists white.

"I love the smell of lavenders. Now, look up to the sky and blow the candle out. You can do this."

Dad's voice always seemed to calm me. I looked up at the clouds and imagined a candle that smelled like lavenders. It was floating in the air where the clouds were.

*in* *out*

*in* *out*

"Just like that sweetheart. You're doing amazing."

*in* *out*

*in* *out*

Slowly, my yellow eyes faded back to hazel. The black veins that developed around my eyes faded into my skin. I looked back down and saw dad smiling up at me before embracing me into a warm and much needed hug.

"I love you."

"I love you too dad."

*present*