Late Night Call

2/8/21

TW - Read about

Arthur Kirkland sips his tea and looks out his window, watching the rain droplets race down the window. It was 6:17am in London, and Arthur sighed. He dearly wished he was cuddling with his boyfriend back in D.C., but, alas, his queen needed him last second for some 'super important business work.' But, all he was doing was sitting around! Arthur huffed thinking about it, setting down his tea and closing his eyes in thought. A few minutes pass as Arthur daydreams. Arthur's phone rang out. 'God rest ye merry gentlemen' began playing from its speakers. Arthur snapped out of his thoughts and stared at his phone, blanking out from the sudden shock. He overcame it quickly and read the caller ID, 'Poo bear.' A small, worried, smile crept onto Arthur's face as he grabbed his phone. Wasn't it late for Alfred? He picked up the call and was left no time to even say hello. "A-Arthur-?! Arthur-!!" Alfred's tone was shaky and his breath sounded thin and quick. Arthur dropped his smile as his worry grew.  "I'm here, Alfred. Are you okay? Are you having another panic at-" Alfred cut him off. "Y-Yes-! I-I mean, n-no, I mean-" A small sob was heard from the other end, and Arthur's heart almost shattered. Arthur sat up straight. "Alfred, listen it me. Take deep breaths for me, okay? Every shall be alright, love. I'm right here for y-" He was cut off yet again. Arthur had learned to be very patient with Alfred when he was like this, which was more than Arthur liked. "I-Iggy, why d-didn't you tell me?!" Alfred winced from the other end. "Tell what, Alfred?" Arthur waited as his mind raced with all kinds of problems. He regained his thought as he heard a larger sob from the other end. Arthur tried his best not to also cry. "..w-why didn't you tell me countries can't die by their own hands..?" Alfred's voice was barley above a whisper. Arthur sucked in his breathe. "Oh, Alfred.." Alfred let out a loud wince. "..W-What did you do?" Arthur's voice trembled as he got up, holding his phone by his ear with his shoulder as he slides on his coat and shoes. He was going to see Alfred right then, even if he had to swim there. "I-I..." Alfred inhaled deeply. In a hushed tone, he spoke. "I tried to slit my wrists, Artie..." Arthur almost drops his phone at the words. He quickly recoils and heads out the door while Alfred starts again. "I-I thought..-" This time, Arthur cuts Alfred off. "Alfred F. Jones." Alfred grew quiet. Too quiet. Arthur softened his tone. "I'm sorry, honey..let me retry that, yes?" The other male was silent. Arthur sighed again as he quickly made his way onto the bus. "Alfred, listen...I'll be over soon, okay? Then we can discuss...this. This. Okay?" Alfred shuffled on the other side. "D-Don't be mad at me.." His voice trembles greatly. "I won't, lo-" Alfred let out a small yelp of pain as Arthur was now out of the bus and walking into his private airline. Arthur physically stopped as he heard the heart-shattering noise. "A-Alfred..?" He said softly. Alfred whimpered, almost like a dog. This caused Arthur to start moving again, even faster. "I-I know I wont d-die from this, s-so why does it hurt?" Arthur boarded his jet as his crew ran in it. They didn't ask questions as Arthur signaled them to head to America. "Because we still have human bodies...Just because we can't necessarily k...kill ourselves, doesn't mean it wont hurt. It will, just like wounds from battles and such. Those hurt, yet we do not bleed out or anything of the sort. Remember that infection you got, after the civil war?" Alfred sniffled. "O-Oh..um..yeah. I healed so quickly, they didn't have time to threaten me with...cutting my leg off.." He mustered out, taking strained breathes. "Alfred, dearest, I'll be there in 30. Don't go anywhere, okay?" Alfred made an 'mhm' sound. "I...I love you, Arthur. I'm sorry.." Arthur smiled softly. "I love you, too, Alfred. You don't needn't be sorry. I...an glad you came to me. I must head off, now." Arthur was shuffling, moving the phone away to snap at the pilot to go. Then, Alfred could hear Arthur apologize for snapping. He put his ear back onto the phone. "Sorry, love. We're taking off now." Alfred smiled slightly to himself. "Okay...thank you...I'm..upstairs, my room bathroom." Arthur hummed. "You're welcome. I'll be there as soon as I can, Alfred Jones. I must go. I love you, so, so much." He hesitantly hung up. Alfred lets his phone fall down and hit the floor. He shuts his eyes, taking deep breaths, awaiting for his Arthur. 

Fin.