"hey there! mind if I borrow my friend here for a moment?", satoru grinned, to which kimi had immediately nodded as she hastily scurried back to her friends, sighing a breath of relief.

the white-haired male's hand had then sneakily slipped a little deeper into sukuna's kimono, quickly retrieving the jade bead as his fingers slipped it in his sleeve.

"friend my ass! get your arm off me", sukuna scowled, rolling his arms back as satoru's arm had dropped by his side.

"you don't seem to mind when my precious imōto touches you", satoru teased, to which sukuna's brows had furrowed even more.

"I think I'm going to kill you first", sukuna haughtily declared, to which satoru had only scratched his head.

"huh? but how's that possible? I'm clearly stronger than you", the white-haired male said in an innocent tone as sukuna had immediately sped towards satoru, who had led him towards the outskirts of the village, away from the people.

"why're you running away huh?! scared?", sukuna called out, hopping from branch to branch as satoru was across from the demon, skipping through trees himself.

"oh, I thought we were playing tag!", satoru lightly chuckled, jumping down and landing on the ground as sukuna had followed suit, glaring at the male gojō.

"tch! shut up and tell me why you're here", sukuna demanded, watching as the man had stuck his arms in his opposing sleeves.

"if I weren't here, you would've massacred the entire village. what are you trying to do, pull a suguru?", satoru joked, as he knew by now that sukuna most likely heard of the male from kiyo since they've passed by that village.

"you know kiyo will be upset if she heard about your evil doings~"

sukuna clicked his tongue as he roughly brushed through his light pink hair with one of his hands.

"what's with you gojōs having an obsession with that human? and since when have I cared about how that damn miko feels?!"

satoru just hummed as he rubbed his chin, to which sukuna had taken this chance to attack the shaman, though satoru had quickly jumped up, ending up sitting on sukuna's back as the demon was on all fours.

sukuna hastily swung his arm towards satoru as the white-haired male had avoided the hit, jumping a few feet away as he just chuckled.

"I will sever your arms and head and send it to the miko as a gift", sukuna grinned, to which satoru had just sighed as he shrugged.

"try your best then!"

"have you seen gojō-sensei?", fushiguro asked, as it's been a full day since he's seen his instructor that was supposed to meet up with him and the others yesterday for training.

"satoru? he must still be with sukuna then. sukuna hasn't returned since yesterday afternoon either", kiyo informed, gathering all the supplies as she handed an extra apron to fushiguro.

"are you not worried?", the dark-haired male asked, washing his hands as kiyo had already fermented the rice with vinegar beforehand.

"sukuna still has that bracelet on, and plus, if anybody could handle him, it'd be satoru", kiyo assured, drying her hands as she laid out two cutting boards for her and fushiguro.

"I see..."

the male awkwardly observed kiyo grab the raw salmon and slice it in half horizontally. she proceeded to cut the fish into rectangular pieces as she did the same with the yellowtail, tuna, and mackerel.

"now, you take the rice and mold it into the appropriate size so that it's approximately the same as the fish pieces", kiyo instructed, showing the boy as fushiguro had nodded.

the dark-haired boy took a small handful of sticky rice, squishing it together as he rolled it slightly against his palms, making it a bit too thin.

kiyo stifled a laugh as a baby pink had dusted fushiguro's cheeks, as he was a bit sheepish at how ugly his little rice ball was.

"the great thing about this is that it's like mud. you can just remold it again until it's to your liking", kiyo smiled, hoping that fushiguro wasn't getting too discouraged.

after all, he was a shaman in training, not an aspiring chef.

"say, how's itadori and junpei doing?", kiyo asked, placing a piece of yellowtail on her molded rice as she had set it down on a nearby tray.

"they're doing well. itadori's actually improving quite a lot, and yoshino's getting there. the two of them get along very well", fushiguro informed.

"that's good", kiyo hummed.

the two worked quietly as they had completed filling an entire tray of sushi, to which kiyo had to start chopping up the tofu blocks so that she could boil the miso soup.

"kiyo-san, I've been meaning to ask but...what's your technique?", fushiguro questioned, washing his hands once more as he took a seat at the corner of the kitchen.

"ah, well I suppose you and the others haven't seen it right? it's actually not much, just purification", kiyo smiled.

to be honest, it was quite the coincidence that her technique had matched her name, which literally meant "pure".

"I see...", fushiguro mumbled.

"you possess the ten shadows technique right? I think I remember hearing that from satoru a long time ago", kiyo mentioned.

"ah yeah...gojō-sensei says that even though I'm not as strong as itadori, I have more potential, but I don't see it", the boy honestly stated.

kiyo momentarily stopped stirring the soup as she turned her head around, lightly chuckling.

"you should believe in yourself more, megumi. after all, I see great potential in you too", the girl smiled, using chopsticks to pick up a single sushi as she hovered it above a small plate.

"try it", kiyo demanded, to which fushiguro had begrudgingly opened his mouth as kiyo fed him the sushi with tuna on top.

"nice?", kiyo asked, to which the boy had just nodded.

"that's good", kiyo softly mumbled.

"you know, megumi, I really like your name", the girl randomly said.

"huh, why? isn't it weird that it's supposed to be a girl's name?", the boy grumbled, to which kiyo had laughed and just shook her head, gently ruffling his unruly hair.

"megumi means blessing, and that's exactly what you are, fushiguro megumi".

▃▃▃▃▃

a/n: I'm starting to think that sukuna's first name is actually sukuna and not ryōmen — wiki fandom lied to me — but I'm just gonna pretend that sukuna's his last name.

hehe :p

anyways, if you liked this chapter, please don't forget to hit that subscri—vote button + comment! thanks babes <33