{*. Drowning .*}

The pounding began.

I was trapped underwater, swirling around me in glowing colors, shining fluorescent in the starlight. Breathing was not an option. Around me the waves broke.

I felt a longing, longing like I had never dreamed before. It was an ache in my chest, one different to the pain it was causing me not to breathe. I was desperate. Deep, deep blue, rolling swirls of water, weaving around me like dye. The sea was empty.

Pain shot through me like an arrow as I was tossed like a ragdoll. The waves threw me up, up, until my head broke out of the thrashing waves. The wind screamed to me, shrieking for me to escape. I screamed in return with the last of my breath as the water sucked me back down into the depths of my terror. Eyes open, the minutes passed as if they were an eternity. I felt the life draining from me and thought of everything I was about to lose.

I closed my eyes in defeat as I realized that I was leaving. Memories began to flood my mind, vivid and real. Soft autumn afternoons basking in sunlight. My sister's innocent face peering at me from the branches of a tree. So pure. My thoughts came back to sooner, when the mist covered my heart, stopping me from hearing the truth. If only it hadn't led to this. I was drowning, drowning in water, drowning in sorrow.

Drowning in life.

I'd drifted away now, to a place far, far away. All hope was lost. Blackness all around me. The water still swirled, yet it had become calm, cool. Much like my mind. All weariness gone. Nothing remained except images flickering in front of me. A single tear slipped down my cheek to mix with the surrounding water. Orange light, waving, seashells, home, faces - faces. One last image glowed brightly, and then slipped away, leaving me with nothing. Consciousness gone. World gone. Life gone.

Darkness reigned.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

Sorry This One Was So Short My Lovely's

(352 Words)