Chapter Twelve - Back to Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"How did you even meet the muggle born?" Blaise asked.

"We're neighbors. Sirius, Remus, and I moved to a muggle area when I was seven, Hermione was my neighbor, we became friends almost instantly."

"Yes." Blaise nodded, "I understand having childhood friends. Me and Draco grew up together, Crabb and Goyle grew up with me too but I was never particularly close to them. Theo and I met each other when we were toddlers, much like you and Hermione."

Harry nodded, just then the door to the compartment opened.

"There you are, you didn't wait for me on the platform." Hermione said, sitting down next to Harry, noticing Anemone, "Why is Anemone here?! Harry! You can't take her with you!"

Blaise raised an eyebrow at Harry but said nothing.

"Yes, I can. Sirius has a fear of snakes Hermione, I couldn't just leave her there."

Hermione looked as if she wanted to protest more but the compartment door opened again, Draco walking in.

"What is she doing here?" He asked Blaise.

"I'm here because my best friend is here Malfoy." Hermione shot at him.

Harry sighed, "Hermione..."

Hermione huffed and crossed her arms. Draco put his trunk away and sat down next to Blaise, he noticed Anemone and jumped in his seat.

"Why is there a snake in here?!" He exclaimed.

Harry looked over to where Anemone had dozed off, "Anemone was a gift from Blaise, I couldn't just leave her with Sirius and Remus."

"You got him a snake?" Draco asked Blaise, bewildered.

Blaise nodded, "Whenever he talked about snakes his eyes always lit up a bit and he's always reading about Parselmagic. I connected the dots."

Draco paused, connecting them in his own head before looking at Harry, "You're a parselmouth?"

Harry nodded.

"Harry! Are you sure you want them knowing that?" Hermione warned him.

"And why can't we know? We're his friends after all." Draco spat.

"But you're also Slytherins, how is he supposed to trust you?"

Blaise raised and eyebrow, he looked over at Harry who had his eyes closed, looking as if he was getting very annoyed.

"For a Reavenclaw you're not very smart. Harry is a Slytherin." Draco retorted.

"Yeah but-"

"Hermione," Harry cut her off, "I know that you don't like the friends I've made in Slytherin but I trust them."

Hermione looked from him to the others and back, "Sorry..."

"Is there a reason to her being here or?" Draco asked.

Harry rolled his eyes and spoke up before Hermione could, "Does someone really need a reason to hang out with their best friend?"