Jennie ☆ Safe With Me

Börja om från början

Her words serve as your command, and soon you're filling her in on everything that happened throughout the day. Jennie could listen to you talk about absolute nonsense for hours on end; she loves the sound of your voice, and she takes solace in the vibrations of your body as you speak. All of those things -- some of her favorite things about you -- are a combination that never fails to take her mind off of anything that's stressing her out. If she's honest with herself, everything about you cheers her up. The way your face lights up when you see her, the feeling of your arms wrapped around her, your sense of humor, your kindness, the warmth that you radiate just by being yourself -- she could go on and on forever. No amount of words could possibly convey how thankful she is for you and all that you do for her. 

It goes without saying that you feel the same way about her. You suffer from anxiety, too, and she's always by your side in an instant whenever it gets especially hard to handle. Her perfume would wash over you, and she would pepper kisses across your skin. Words of affirmation would spill from her lips and drift to your ears, working to bring you back down to Earth. She always knew just what to do to help, and you often thank your lucky stars for aligning with hers.

Things like that can really make or break a relationship -- dealing with stressors and pressure is never easy, but it can certainly bring people closer together. Before you even started dating, Jennie knew you were special; being around you brought her comfort like no other, and she quickly realized that she would choose to spend all of her time with you if she could. Anytime she thinks about her future, you're always in it; you're a complex puzzle that she wants to spend her life unraveling and solving.

After spending the better part of an hour like that -- limbs entangled as you talk with one another -- Jennie's feeling a lot better. Her heartbeat is steady now, and that suffocating feeling of panic is long gone. 

"What would I do without you, huh?" She asks, nudging your shoulder as she sits up to face you. 

"Hmmm, I don't know," You start, looking off dramatically while you pretend to think. "Probably be really bored without all of my awesomeness around."

Your dorky response earns you a chuckle, and she shakes that beautiful head at you. 

"I think you might be right about that one." She tilts her head to the side, her eyes shining with a look of pure adoration. 

She rests her forehead against yours and guides your hand to her chest. It's her special thing that she always does after an attack; she wants you to be aware of what your help does to her. The rhythm of her heart is constant against your palm, and her fingers slide up to lace with your own. Knowing that she's comfortable now is the only reward you could ever ask for.

"I love you so much, Jennie. You're so strong." 

"I couldn't do it without you."

Her lips find their way to yours, and you can taste the gloss on them as she deepens the kiss. Before long, she's worked her way into your lap, her hair falling like a curtain around the two of you. Unbeknownst to you, moments like these got her through some very hard times; her mind would recall the memories of how her skin felt against yours, the sighs that would leave your lips as she would kiss down your jawline, how just one touch from you could send her wild, etc. Her safe place is you, and she'll do everything in her power to always remind you of that.

Just as her fingers begin to undo the buttons of your shirt, the intercom starts up, and its sound echoes loudly across the building. Jennie startles, falling forward against you, and lets out a surprised yelp. Despite your efforts, you can't stop the small giggle that leaves your lips at how easily she gets scared. She playfully smacks your shoulder and tries to give you an angry look; she can't keep it up for long, and soon the two of you find yourselves in the middle of a laughing fit.

You give her cheeks a little squish before saying, "You're the cutest ever." Following this, she boops your nose and replies with confidence: "I know."

She pecks your lips one final time before standing up and tugging you along with her. "We'd better go find the girls now." 

"Fiiiiiiiiine." You drag out, your usual dramatic self coming back out to play. 

With that, the two of you head out to the main dressing room in search of the girls, hand in hand. 

~~~~~~~

"YAY! You're here!" Lisa shouts, nearly knocking the two of you over with her bone-crushing embrace. 

"We sure are!" You struggle out, the words coming through as more of a pained wheeze than anything else.

Rosé and Jisoo manage to pry Lisa away, but soon all of you are hugging again anyway. Your little huddle is perfect, and you're so thankful for the girls. Being surrounded by such genuine, talented people is a blessing, and you seriously wonder how you got so lucky. As the sounds of their jokes and laughter fill your ears, you can practically feel your heart soaring. 

"Time for dinner!" Rosé shouts, now walking out the door. 

"I'll race you to the car!" Lisa rushes out, quickly darting past the other girl.

"Not fair, I wasn't ready!" Their rapid footfalls fade as they get further and further away, and you just scoff at their antics. 

"Kids." Jisoo says with a roll of her eyes, her inner mom showing.

Jennie leans into you, settling against your side, and lets out a content sigh.

In that moment, the dynamic between everyone so perfectly highlighted, you can't help but think to yourself: there's nowhere I'd rather be