epilogue

This chapter is LONG I know! But I apologize for the long wait, and so I hope it's worth it. The reason why I took pretty much so long before publishing this is because I was super busy with my hectic life family wedding, etc; that this... sorta took longer than I planned even though I told myself I would write and publish it before the functions begin. But hey, what happened was that Wattpad acted weird and I realized that I was writing the story offline and before I knew it POOF half of my work disappeared 😭

I was honestly so devastated and annoyed I feel like closing this story but no, I love it too much. So, Alhumdullilah I took a more than a week long break and came refreshed and wrote this ribboned hit of a chapter and I hope you love it.

Even though I named it 'Epilogue' I still have a strange feeling that it's just a continuation of Chapter 29 *shrug*

I still feel like I'm just giving you all a VERY IMPORTANT BONUS CHAPTER that DOES add a lot to the main plot than just giving you all a sneak peak to the characters futures.

But hey, it's here! So read, comment and please, please, give me a review even if it's of one line by the end of this chapter of what Heart Echoes taught you (if anything at all 😭 ) and heads up for 'ship aesthetics' and an ending poem for the story since we had a starting poem now we have an ending poem!

Islamabad

The grass crunched under his feet, his hands pocketed in his jacket. A wild, cold wind blistered at his face but he kept on moving knowing where she was.

Walking between lines of tombstones, at the farthest end under a willow tree, laid a lump of dirt on the ground, and beside it a woman stood, her head drooping over it.

Musa's eyes softened when he approached her. "Assalamualaikum."

She lifted up her nightly gaze to meet his foggy ones, and shifting towards him as if waiting this long had been too much pain without him, she held his arm. Feeling her fingers clutch around his arm, Musa did the only thing he could think of and allowed her to rest her head on his shoulder.

"Should we go back now?" He whispered, the warmth in his voice opposing the chilly air. Ambar nodded, staring down at the grave, whereupon both knew what the other was feeling and thinking.

"What did he say... to you that day?" She whispered.

Musa stared back down at the dirt, drizzled slightly in frost- knowing where this question was coming from- memory. We ask questions that we already know answers again because it seems to coat our pain with the thought that the other knows what we're going through.

"He said," Musa cleared his throat, turning around and leading her down the graveyard. "That my Rabb is calling me- but I asked Him some time. And these few breaths that I have remaining... I want to see my daughter's hand in yours."