At least now, Salem wasn't stuck in his mind and not noticing anything happening around, that his son now replied to him. He let out a sigh of relief, smiling slightly at his son. "are you okay?"

Salem didn't speak as he nodded, going to stand up when Luke slowly held out a hand, gesturing to his son's shoulder. While Salem looked confused for a moment, then giving a quick nod.

"I-" Salem started. "I don't get it. I don't get it. I've-I should be over this!"

"Salem, this-that's not something you can just get over."

But, Salem didn't answer him, and instead had looked as if he'd end up trapped in his own head again. "That's it. You aren't going to school. I'll call-"

"No!" He yelled. "I-I can go. I'm fine. If-" he hadn't meant to yell. He was confused for a moment, unsure is he had sheen whispering or not. "I..."
I want to see Steve...and Nancy.

Luke didn't want to send Salem to school. He thought it was a horrible idea, but, if he drove him, maybe Salem would realize that. But, if Salem went by himself, he'd go all the way to school.

⁂︎⁂︎☆︎𝙵𝙴𝙴𝙻 𝚂𝙾𝙼𝙴𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶☆︎⁂︎⁂︎

Okay, so perhaps having a crush on a guy who was in a relationship, wasn't the best thing. But, as long as he didn't act on it, it couldn't be so bad, right?

Plus, all he had to think was that Steve Harrington was straight. And in a relationship with one of his only friends. And that Steve was one of his friends.

And that the crush would go away.

Wrong. So fucking wrong. Because, here he was, staring at Steve as he spoke, barely hearing a word as his mind kept wondering off on how he thought the other boy was beautiful. And how he'd be dead if anyone found out.

Because, the worst thing out feelings? You can't control them. He had tried.  Only way to control them, medicine.
But, there was no medication for what he was feeling.

He liked Steve Harrington. He had a crush on one of his friends. 

"Salem?" Steve questioned, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder, lining his face up to look the boy on the eyes. "Are you alright?"

"Uh?" Salem snapped out, looking confused for a moment, then shaking us had. "Uh, sorry. Can you repeat what you just said?"

"Are you alright?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. Was just thinking...spaced out."

"But, your okay, right?" He questioned again, worry in his voice and portrayed on his face.

Salem answered again, a smile in his face. "Yes, I'm okay."

I'm so fucked

Steve paused, before saying that he had to get to gym class.
⁂︎⁂︎☆︎𝙵𝙴𝙴𝙻 𝚂𝙾𝙼𝙴𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶☆︎⁂︎⁂︎

Salem was confused to where Jonathan and Nancy the entire school day. After all, they were half the reason he had bothered to show up. And Steve.

But, if he had known that they would instead leave school, he'd have simply asked Steve if he had wanted to leave the school as well and go somewhere else.

He sighed, pushing himself on his skateboard.
⁂︎⁂︎☆︎𝙵𝙴𝙴𝙻 𝚂𝙾𝙼𝙴𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶☆︎⁂︎⁂︎

A honking car made him turn his head, digging off more to the side and looking back. The car didn't drive by him, slowing down.
Which made his turn his head.

Steve Harrington rolled down the window, smiling at Salem. "Hey, Salem, need a ride?"

Salem looked down at his board, then looking back up at the other boy, smiling. The brief thought of how much he loved Steve's smile passed his mind.

Then pushed as he remembered that Steve was kinda with Nancy. He wasn't sure. Steve had told him that Nancy was completely drunk hen she had basically broken up with him.
He licked his lips, still thinking before he spoke without realizing it. "Sure."

Steve reached over, unlocking the door and pushing it open, continuing to smile at Salem. The other boy, slid into the seat, skateboard balanced on his lap and backpack in the skateboard. He smiled at Steve. "Thanks."

Steve flashed another smile, then turning and starting the car again.

⁂︎⁂︎☆︎𝙵𝙴𝙴𝙻 𝚂𝙾𝙼𝙴𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶☆︎⁂︎⁂︎

{956}